Edina Public Schools Volunteer Program
Update for the 2021-22 School Year:
We will be allowing community volunteers in the schools this year. The community member application will be available under the "Become a Volunteer" tab in late September. For any immediate volunteer questions, please reach out to Kayla Maring at email@example.com
Our CommitmentThank you for your interest in volunteering! Edina Public Schools is committed to using volunteers to promote and strengthen partnerships between the school and the community as well as to help personalize instruction and enrich curriculum for all learners.
The volunteer program will:
We are committed to working with you to ensure volunteering is a rewarding experience for everyone. Questions? Please contact Kayla Maring by email or phone: Kayla.Maring@edinaschools.org or (952) 848-4072.
- Enrich the curriculum;
- Enhance students’ learning opportunities;
- Offer individual attention to students;
- Increase students’ self-esteem and motivation to learn;
- Provide satisfying opportunities for community members;
- Strengthen community partnerships;
- Provide a multigenerational learning experience; and
- Support efforts to achieve district academic standards.
- Personal satisfaction
- Improved self-esteem and sense of accomplishment
- Opportunities to learn
- Greater knowledge/understanding of school system
- Work Experience
Volunteer Opportunity Examples
The Edina Volunteer program strives to create a schedule that meets your needs. You can volunteer in the morning, afternoon or after school as well as on a weekly, monthly or one-time basis.
- Classroom support (i.e. reading, math, art)
- Before or after school academic support
- One-On-One student mentorship
- Non-academic support
- Media Center support
- Special event support
- And more!