General Open Gym Info and Dates
Open gyms are times when players can come practice their volleyball skills for free! There is no guarantee of coach instruction at every open gym. It is an optional time for players to come utilize gym space and nets.
- Check player temperature prior to attending practice. If your player or anyone in your family has a temperature of >100.4 degrees or is feeling ill, keep your player home.
- Players should use hand sanitizer before entering the field. Families, please have it in the car or with the player for use prior to drop off.
- Upon arrival players should keep their personal belongings at least 6’ apart and continue to follow safe social distancing rules standing at least 6’ apart.
- Setup and take down of nets will be done by coaches or individuals to eliminate shared contact of those surfaces. They will be wiped down before and after every use.
- Players should bring their own ball and wipe down before and after every session.
- No spectators are permitted to attend practice close up.
- No sharing of equipment is allowed. Anyone caught doing so will be removed from the sessions.
- We will do our best to ensure the safety of our players making that our first priority. If there are any safety concerns it should be brought up to us immediately.
- No food allowed, and no sharing water bottles, towels, etc. make sure you bring everything you need individually.
- Only one group is allowed on a court at a time.
- Coaches will be wearing masks.
- Coaches will create groups with a maximum number of 23 people. We may have more than one small group upon which we will create stations to separate the groups. We will keep the groups the same as much as possible.
- Groups should not intermix during the practice.
- Stations will focus individual skill development—there will be no scrimmages or game play
- Players and coach interaction within 6’ of each other should be avoided.
- Player and coach interactions must be contactless (i.e., no high-fives, hand-shakes, etc.).
- Players will not share equipment that they bring to the field.
- Each player will use their own ball during practice.
- Coaches will be given disinfectant materials to use. If anything needs to be shared, they will disinfect as much as possible.
Thursday, August 6th outdoors at Creek Valley