Summer Fun 2021
Registration for Edina Community Ed Summer Fun 2021 is now open. Register here: edina.ce.eleyo.com.
Community Ed is back for summer 2021, with a full menu of programs that help keep kids safe and engaged while meeting the needs of busy families. Our programs nurture a love of learning, support academic achievement and develop skills in technology, the arts, sports, and more! We’re educational, but also fun and social, building community and connections while we practice communication, collaboration and teamwork. Our many youth leadership opportunities help older students gain real-world experience as they explore college, career and life.
KIDS Club/WISE Guys School Age Care
With KIDS Club/WISE Guys, your child can look forward to a fun, social summer, and you can relax knowing your child will be safe, happy and engaged. Our school age care program provides a balance between structured enrichment and choice-based activities. We keep group sizes small to build strong relationships between students and staff.
- Summer 2021 Registration Materials
- Dates: June 10-August 18
- Hours: 7:00am-6:00pm
- New this summer: we’re expanding our programs to include two new age groups: INCOMING Kindergarten students and OUTGOING 5th graders
- Also new! Our three summer locations are organized by grade level to provide personalized, age-appropriate opportunities to learn, grow and connect:
- Creek Valley: incoming K-incoming Grade 2 (CV, CN, ND)
- Highlands: incoming K-incoming Grade 2 (HL, CC, CS)
- Cornelia: incoming Grade 3-outgoing Grade 5 (all elementary schools)
For more information: www.edinaschools.org/kidsclub
Enrichment Camps and Classes
- Download a copy of our Summer Fun 2021 Catalog
- Program Dates: weeks of June 7-August 16
- Times: most camps are offered either 9:00am-12:00pm or 1:00pm-4:00pm, Monday-Thursday
- With nearly 400 summer classes and camps, we have something for everyone!
- Pre-K: Offerings include signature Book Buddies camps, plus sports, arts and more!
- Elementary: Camps that inspire kids as they learn to cook, code, play lacrosse or design jewelry. New classes support reading, math, and STEM skills.
- Middle School: From art and engineering to flag football and strength training, even more offerings are available! Plus, there are opportunities to develop real-world skills like understanding the stock market or making a business plan in Edina Rotary’s Summer Camp Enterprise.
- High School: Summer is the perfect time to stay active, learn to crochet, complete Driver’s Education, prepare for the ACT or complete your college applications.
Our summer camps and programs are elevated by the support of high school volunteers! Benefits of volunteering:
- Assist instructors and build connections with younger students
- Gain real-world leadership experience and build resumes
- Volunteer hours are valid to use toward the EHS Community Service Letter opportunity
- New this year: benefit from enhanced training in Social and Emotional Learning practices, strengths-based approaches to mentoring, and more
Learn more: https://www.edinaschools.org/volunteer
While we don’t know all the health and safety guidance details for summer just yet, what we do know is this: we will pair the expertise we’ve gained in safely running care and enrichment programs all year, with what we know kids and families want and need.
All programs will incorporate the most current COVID-19 health and safety guidelines. We will continue to monitor all Minnesota Department of Health guidelines and executive orders from the Governor’s Office, and will adjust our practices as the pandemic situation evolves.
Summer Go Time
Edina Community Education and Edina Give and Go are providing a needs-based scholarship for students to participate in youth enrichment camps and classes this summer. Funding is limited. Apply early. For more information and links to the Summer Go Time application visit: https://www.edinaschools.org/Page/316