2019-20 Back to school information
Dear Highlands Families,
Welcome to a great year at Highlands.
Please review and make note of the following important times and dates for the beginning of the 2019-2020 school year:
*School Day Hours 7:50 am – 2:25pm
- Classroom placements available mid - August
- Open House (gym) 4:00 – 5:30 Thursday, August 22nd
- First Day of School Monday August 26th
- Kindergarten First Day of School Tuesday August 27th
- Parent Information Nights 5:00 – 6:30 Tuesday, September 17th
- DP 1&2 5-6pm DP 3,4,5 5:30-6:30pm, CP 5-6:00pm
- Kindergarten Parent Night 5:00 – 6:00 Tuesday, September 24th
Also to be noted:
- Highlands Elementary Website : edinaschools.org/Domain/12
- If your child has not registered for Highlands please do so electronically on website, in person at 5701 Normandale Road or call 952-848-4805 before August 26th.
- School supply lists available on teacher websites
- Absence line (24 hour voicemail) or 952-848-4502. Please call by 7:00 AM the day of absence.
- Lunch is $2.85, or milk only $.60. Payments can be made by check made out to ISD #273 Food Service please note your student’s name on the check. Checks can be dropped off to front office. Payment can also be made through the Portal on the Edina Schools website, click on fork and knife image.
- Communication Schoology is the primary communication for parents. Please go to the Edina Public Schools website and click on Portal access in the upper right corner, then click on Schoology, Groups and Join the highlands Parent Group – password PF7BV – JGK94. Schoology has condensed information and a calendar with school activities as well as community events.
- PTO – A link to the PTO is on the Highlands website. Please registers your family in MySchool Anywhere. This registration will be the PTO’s only form of communication with parents. All instructions for registration can be found on the PTO site and dues can be paid electronically on the site.
- Bus assignments, including pick up and drop off times can be found on Infinite Campus. Contact the bus garage at 952-848-4979 only if necessary
- Non-bus riders all students must be dropped off via the South Parking Lot
- *No drop-offs before 7:40 (exception to Kids Club)
- *All students must be picked up by 2:35 (exception to Kids Club)