Community Service (EHS)
Community Service Letter
Since 1996, Edina Public Schools students in grades 9-12 have had the opportunity to letter in community service. In 2020, 179 students lettered in community service.
The community service letter is an award earned by students who go above and beyond when it comes to serving others.2020-21 Community Service Letter Requirements:
Step 1. Due on or before Friday, December 18th, 2020
- Orientation (If you have lettered before in Community Service, you can skip ahead to the application)
Step 2. Due on or before Friday, April 9th, 2021
*Completed forms and photo should be emailed to Cheryl.Gunness@edinaschools.org
- 120 Hours of Community Service, 50% of hours (60 hours) addressing a specific cause or issue --Hours Log Form
- 2 Recommendations from supervisors --Recommendation Form
- Digital photo
Step 3. May (Creative Reflection):
- For 2021, we will not be meeting in person to share Creative Reflections on your service letter projects. Instead, please submit your Reflection to this Google Form on or before Friday, April 30.
Directions: Your reflection will be a written reflection consisting of at least 3 paragraphs. It should convey your personal experience regarding at least 3 of the following talking points:
• How has this experience helped you grow?
• How did the community benefit from your service?
• What was challenging about your service?
• How do you plan to make service a part of your life?
• What was a powerful experience from your service?
• What did this service work teach you about your social issue?
• Who was an important person you met during your service?
Step 4. (Ceremony):
- For 2021, the Service Letter Ceremony will be a video presentation you can watch at your convenience beginning the week of May 24th. Your Service Letter Certificate and Letter or Patch will be mailed to the home address you provide on the Google form linked above.
Direct questions related to the Community Service Letter to:Cheryl Gunness952-848-3944