Skip To Main Content

Landing Nav



EHS Thespians share information with a student at the Activities Fair.

Edina Public Schools administrators, counselors, social workers, and school psychologists are committed to supporting our students, staff, and families during challenging times.

In addition to the information and resources listed below, we will continue to reach out and be available to help guide you through times of uncertainty.

It is important to recognize that students may have a variety of reactions to what they are experiencing. These might include fear, anxiety, stress, confusion, isolation, uncertainty, or sadness. Children look to adults for guidance on how to react to stressful situations and events. A child’s anxiety will rise if they see their parents are overly worried. According to the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP), children need age-appropriate information and facts. Depending on their age, talk to your child about the seriousness of illness and the steps they can take to prevent feeling ill. Giving a child a sense of control can help ease their anxiety. NASP recommends the following:

  • Remain calm and reassuring.
  • Make yourself available.
  • Avoid blaming.
  • Monitor television viewing and social media use.
  • Maintain a normal routine as much as possible.
  • Be honest and accurate.
  • Know the symptoms of COVID-19.
  • Talk about and model proper hygiene and healthy lifestyle choices that can prevent illness.

The following resources are great one-stop links that cover a wide variety of information that can be helpful to you and your family:

Virtual Calming Space

Fraser School-Based Mental Health Services

We are continuing our partnership with Fraser to provide school-based therapy during the 2022-23 school year. Currently, our therapists provide in-person services. Virtual telehealth services are also available for those that need it. Services will continue to be provided during the 2023 summer break.

If you have questions about Fraser services, please contact your school support staff or the therapist assigned to your child's school.