Health & Wellness
The mission of EPS Health Services is to partner with families, teachers, administrators, nutrition services, and other district departments to promote optimal physical and emotional student health for optimal learning.
We know that to be successful in life -- and most importantly happy -- we must also support the mental and emotional development of our students throughout their developmental years with us. Edina Public Schools partners with local providers to offer ease of access to support and we have a list of resources that can help answer your questions.
Edina Resource Center
- Edina Resource Center staff and volunteers answer questions about everything from the need for food, clothing, shelter and healthcare, to where children will be going to school or what activities are available to participate in.
- Bloomington Health Division: A Public Health Agency that serves Bloomington, Richfield and Edina with an array of services, including: low cost health and immunization clinics, child and youth services, and Public Health home visits to individuals of all ages.
- Hennepin County Health and Medical Care: Hennepin County helps residents stay healthy by offering low-cost medical and mental health services.
- Minnesota Association of Community Health Centers: A non-profit membership organization of Minnesota’s Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs). MNACHC works on behalf of its members and their patients to promote the cost-effective delivery of affordable, quality primary health care services, with a special emphasis on meeting the needs of low income and medically underserved populations.
- Children's Dental Services (CDS) provides dental care for children and pregnant women with any kind of dental insurance including Medical Assistance. Located in Minneapolis with other clinics across MN. Phone: 612-746-1530 or 1-866-543-6009.
Hennepin County Resources
- Hennepin County ‘Yellow Pages’ Guide to Initial Contact and Assessment: This include resources in English, Spanish and Somali. Areas include early childhood, nutrition, children with special needs, child care, finance, housing, homeless shelters, transportation and emergency numbers.
- Hennepin County Medical Center: Emergency information and advice by telephone concerning overdose, street drugs, side effects of prescription drugs, exposure to household and industrial chemicals, etc. Staffed by professional pharmacists. Phone: 1-800-222-1222