Parent ResourcesWelcome to the district Parent Resources page, the hub for any information you may need during your Edina Public Schools experience. If you cannot find what you are looking for, contact us. The district also provides updates and resources in the form of e-newsletters and other publications. EPS In The Know is a weekly publication sent to parents with news, updates and stories about everything going on in the district. The district transition e-newsletters - Countdown to Kindergarten and Movin' On To Middle School - provide resources to parents of incoming kindergarteners and sixth graders to help ease their transition.Are you a new resident or have you changed your address? Update your address here.Click below to view your school's resource page, which includes information about band/choir/orchestra, athletics and secondary mathematics calculators.
The district calendar page is the best place to find up-to-date information about upcoming events around the district. You can also customize your calendar view to see events from any schools you choose
Download a printable version of the 2015-16 school calendar (also inserted in the Family Handbook).
Stay up to date on events happening around the community by periodically checking the Community Bulletin Board.
Are you looking to post flyers around the district? View the district flyer distribution policy.
Interested in volunteering? Opportunities are available in the morning, afternoon or after school on a one-time, weekly or monthly basis.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Classroom support (e.g., reading, math, writing, science, art)
- One-one-one student support
- Non-academic support
- Media Center support
- Reading Buddy support program
- Saturday School
- And many more!
Edina Community Education Services offers programs and classes for people at every age. This includes out-of-school time care with programs such as:
- KIDS Club - Before and after school, release days for grades K-3
- WISE Guys - Before and after school, release days for grades 4-5
- SURGE - Before and after school, release days for grades 6-9
Other CES offerings:
Click here for information about different parent organizations.
Parent Communication Network
Based in Edina, Minnesota, the Edina Parent Communication Network (PCN) offers free forums (with the exception of the National Speaker Event) for families and educators of children Pre K-12. PCN was created in 1998 with a goal to support parents and educators to build stronger families and a stronger community. Learn more.
- Edina Resource Center
- Connecting With Kids Initiative
- Edina Education Fund
- Hennepin County Library
- City of Edina
- Edina Park and Recreation
- Tri-City Partners
Edina City Sports
Call the 24-hour Attendance Line:
Creek Valley: 952-848-3202
South View: 952-848-3702
Valley View: 952-848-3502
High School: 952-848-3802
Provide this information:
- Student's name
- Student's grade
- Student's teacher
- Date of absence
- Reason for absence
- Your name and relationship to the student
In general, the following information is intended to help decide when a student should stay home:
- If a student has had a fever of 100 degrees or more, the student should stay home for 24 hours after the temperature returns to normal without fever reducing medication such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen.
- If a student has vomited or had diarrhea, the student should stay home until 24 hours after the last episode.
- If a student has had any rash that may be disease-related or the cause is unknown, check with your health care provider before sending the student to school.
- If a student is ill, please call the school daily to report the illness.
For further information, see the Communicable Conditions section.