2022-2023 Kindergarten Information
- What is the age requirement to enter kindergarten?
- When is registration?
- What immunizations are required?
- Do I need to have my child screened prior to kindergarten?
- What if my child is not attending EPS kindergarten in the fall?
- When will I find out who my child’s teacher will be?
- How can I get involved at my school?
- How can I learn more about my child’s school?
You will be asked to upload scans or photos of the following items during the registration process:
- Proof of Residency (Edina Residents Only)
- Wondering what qualifies as Proof of Residency? View Section 3 of the Board policy 509.
- Immunization Records
- Certified Birth Certificate, Passport/Visa, or official US Court/Government document indicating child's full legal name and birthdate.
Notifications were sent out to all open enrollment applicants on Tuesday, Feb. 15, 2022.
Preference forms are required to enroll in all Edina Choice Programs.
- Countryside Spanish Immersion Program
- Normandale French Immersion
- Countryside Continuous Progress
- Highlands Continuous Progress
- Edina Virtual Pathway
NOTE: Enrollment in Edina Choice Programs is determined by lottery. Completion of the form does not guarantee placement in the program.
NOTE: The preference form deadline has passed. The deadline was Friday, Jan. 7, 2022.
Preference forms will be processed by Wednesday, Jan. 12, 2022, after which you will be notified by mail if your child has been accepted into one of the districtwide programs. If accepted, you will register your child online; if your child is not accepted into the choice program, you should register your child online for your neighborhood school.
Countdown to Kindergarten Newsletter
Registered families will receive Countdown to Kindergarten, a bi-monthly newsletter detailing helpful tips, resources, and advice from kindergarten experts at all our elementary schools that will ease your child’s transition into kindergarten.
View copies of previous newsletters below.