As of September 29, the new yearbook price is $95 ($88 plus tax). Please mail or bring a check for $95 (made out to EHS Whigrean, with student's name on the memo line) or order your book online. If you submit a check for $90 after this date, there will be a $5 remaining balance due on your account that must be paid prior to picking up the book in May.
Submit Senior Portraits ASAP to guarantee inclusion in the 2019 Whigrean! PHOTOS must show head and shoulders only, or they will be cropped by yearbook staff to maintain head size consistency. Deadline for Senior Portrait Submission is Friday, Nov. 16th, 2018. Note that Senior Baby Ads must be submitted separately, to a different Jostens website. Details in links below.
Faculty Adviser: Ellen Guerin
phone: 952-848-3800 (Do not leave messages over the summer! If necessary, communicate via the above email address; remember, it IS summertime and I will not be checking email as frequently as during the school year.)
mailing address:Edina High School
6754 Valley View RoadEdina, Minnesota 55439
Yearbook Orders - Last year we sold out, so don't delay.
You have two options for ordering:
- Print out the order form here and submit it with your check for $95 (made out to EHS Whigrean), along with the order form, by mail or in person to Ellen Guerin, Whigrean Adviser, c/o the EHS Office, 6754 Valley View Road, Edina 55439. This price is good through Dec. 7th, 2018. Your cancelled check will serve as proof of purchase, so please print or have access to a copy.
- Order online at Jostens Online.
Please keep a record of your order date to avoid duplicate orders. and make sure that you pay in full for your yearbook as soon as possible in order to avoid price increases. Last year some families forgot to pay the balance due before yearbooks were distributed. Students are not able to pick up yearbooks unless the balance is paid, which can result in some sad student faces on yearbook distribution day.
Submission Deadlines for 2019 yearbook
Senior portraits must be submitted to https://images.jostens.com/410353896
That page also has a link to the yearbook purchase and Senior Baby Ad webpages.
Due ASAP and definitely BY Fri., November 16, 2018.
If we do not receive a Senior Portrait from a student, we will include their Get Connected Day school photo (even if they did not order photos). Please make sure that your senior has a school photo taken at Get Connected Day as a backup.
Yearbook Recognition Ads -
There are two ad categories: in the yearbook, the ads are grouped by type. IF YOU WANT TO SUBMIT A BABY PHOTO AD, THE DEADLINE IS Dec. 1, about 2 weeks after senior portraits are due.
All ads should be submitted to www.jostens.com/yearbookads
Baby Photo Ads -
Parents or guardians normally submit these ads, which include a heading, a baby or toddler photo, and a message for the graduate.
Due: Sat., December 1, 2018
Buddy Ads -
These ads are different from Baby Photo Ads. They celebrate relationships that students have formed during their school years, such as friend groups, extended family, or other outside-of-school group activities. These ads should include a heading, group photos, and a message that includes student names. These ads do NOT normally include solo baby photos.
Submission window is between Jan. 1, 2019 and February 1, 2019
Last Day to Order a 2019 Yearbook online via Jostens
mid-February 2019 - but don't wait! Order Now!
The Whigrean (formerly Windigo) yearbook is published every year by students in the Whigrean yearbook class. Whigrean attempts to conscientiously cover all aspects of the high school community. The yearbook is delivered and distributed in late May. A spring supplement is prepared in the latter part of the school year to cover major spring activities and events including spring sports.
- Jostens National Award of Excellence - 2015, 2016, 2017
- National Scholastic Press Association - (2001-First Class, 2002-First Class with Two Medals of Distinction, 2003-Second Class, 2004-First Class, 2005-First Class with Two Marks of Distinction, 2015 Second Class, 2016 First Class, 2017 First Class with One Mark of Distinction)
- American Scholastic Press Association - (2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005-First Place)
- Journalism Education of Minnesota All-State Awards - (2002, 2005 -Silver, 2001,2003, 2004-Gold)
- Columbia Scholastic Press Association Award (2001, 2002-First Class, 2005-Bronze, 2015- Bronze, 2016 - Silver, 2017 - Gold)
- Minnesota All-State Award - (2001, 2005-Silver, 2002-Gold)
- Minnesota High School Press Association Gold Medallions - (2002-Sweepstakes Award)