We will be working to Personalize your child's learning experience for Math by using the Math in Focus curriculum as well as the incorporation of real-world problem-solving experiences and strategies.
We will be incorporating a curriculum called Making Meaning into our daily reading routine. We will also run Reader's Workshops and Reading Conferences. At times we will have Book Clubs and other fun activities to accentuate our continued learning of comprehension strategies.
While using the Being A Writer Curriculum as well as other wonderful pathways, we will be working on Personal Narratives, Researching Countries around the World as we create Informative Presentations, Persuasive and Opinion Essays, and a whole lot of general daily writing.
Leader in Me
Throughout the year, students will be working to enhance their 7 Habits.
Your 4th Grader will learn about 4 Units in Science:
- Rocks and Minerals with Ms. Nuss
- Engineering and Water and Matter and Energy with Ms. Hawkinson or Ms. Powell
- Magnetism and Electricity with Mr. Tessmer-Tuck
CV 4 Field Trips 2019-2020
EHS Pops Concert
MN History Center / MN State Capitol
Bakken / Pavek Museums
Water Treatment Plant
Grade 4 Resources
- Getting to Know Your Fourth Grader Form
- Activity and Field Trip Permission Form
- Edina Curriculum
- United States
- Country Research
- Spelling Overview
- Spelling City Link
- Spelling Practice: Cut, Sort, Write
- Spelling Practice: Practice Test
- Spelling Practice: Alphabetize & Write
- Spelling Practice: Pictures & Sentences