About Edina High School
Last year, Edina High School earned a place on the College Board AP Achievement List for simultaneously increasing access to AP courses for a broader range of students and also maintaining or improving the percentage of students earning scores of three or higher on the AP exams.
Edina routinely administers almost twice as many AP exams as any other high school in Minnesota and more than any other high school in the 5-state area.
Most US colleges and universities accept AP exams for credit; annually, the value of college credits granted to Edina graduates as a result of AP tests is estimated to be about $6.5 million.
In 2014-2015, 647 high school seniors took the ACT test, posting an average composite score of 26.0. According to ACT, the percentage of Edina students ready for college level course work is twice as high as the typical Minnesota High School graduate.
National Merit Scholars
In 2013-14, 43 seniors were named National Merit Finalists, Semifinalists, and Commended Scholars . Edina High School has had National Merit Semifinalists and Finalists each year the National Merit Foundation has been in existence.
Engaging Life and Career Skills
Edina students are developing socially, emotionally, physically, and ethically as well as academically. Co-curricular and extra-curricular activities provide opportunities for students to develop leadership and responsibility, initiative and flexibility, and social and cultural awareness—life and career skills that are increasingly important in complex life and work environments.
Edina High School Clubs and Activities
- Over 1100 students participate in Edina High School clubs throughout the year
- 178 students lettered in community service in 2013-14, completing a combined total of over 21,360 community service hours
- The Green Machine, Edina’s FIRST robotics team, earned a spot in the world championships in St. Louis, MO after garnering the won Best Website and Engineering Inspiration awards in regional competitions
- The team of Erin Sielaff and Mimi Sergent Leventhal were Policy Debate State Champions
- The Mock Trial team finished State Runner Up
- Four students from the DECA program qualified for the National DECA conference competition in Orlando, FL
- The Math Team finished sixth in the MN Mathematics League State Tournament
- The Youth Serving Youth program, focusing on leadership, community service and social awareness, has over 15 groups
- 1,362 students participated on one or more Edina High School athletic teams. An additional 96 students participated in Intramural sports
- To date, Edina students have won 143 State Championships, making Edina number one among the 500 members of the MN State High School League
- In 2010-11, 15 teams were represented at state tournaments. The following teams won State Championships: Girls Tennis, Girls Swimming & Diving, and Competition Cheer
- In 2011, 142 seniors were honored as Scholar-Athletes, lettering in at least one varsity sport and earning an “A” average in the classroom
- Advanced Placement options
- Project Lead the Way Certified
- STRIVE and AVID
- May Term for seniors
- Athletics and Student Activities