About the Media Center
Welcome to the heart of our school. Located in the center of all the classrooms, the library, or Media Center, is the place where all students can explore, discover and inquire about all of life’s curiosities. Each student has a set time each week to engage in learning and check out books for reading. Normandale has a collection of both French and English materials, including books and magazines. In addition to checking out books for reading, each week students have a lesson that integrates technology, literacy pedagogy and culturally and linguistically relevant teaching practices. Students are engaged with the 4Cs of: communication, collaboration, creativity and critical thinking.
Library expectations are to BE SAFE, BE RESPONSIBLE and BE KIND.
- Students in Kindergarten are allowed to check out one item.
- Students in Grades 1-2 are allowed to check out three items, with the students' teacher setting guidelines as to how many materials should be in French or English.
- Students in Grades 3-5 are allowed to check out 4 items with the students' teacher setting guidelines as to how many materials should be in French or English.
- Books and magazines are circulated for a period of two weeks.
- Reference books do not circulate.
- Bilingual books in French and English may be checked out by students and will be viewed as one material item.
- Students who have overdue materials are not allowed to checkout additional materials.
Click here to read an infographic about what Digital Citizenship means here at Edina Public Schools.
Click here to find books in our Destiny Library Catalog that are available for check out.
Click here to donate a Birthday Book in honor of your student’s special day.Click here to VOLUNTEER for helping in the Media Center.