EDINA CHEER 2021-2022
Tryout Mateirals and Information:
Below are the links to required materials you will be asked to perform for the Edina coaching staff at your selected tryout time.
The tryout materials include a toe touch jump, a dance, and a cheer. In addition to the required material, there will also be an opportunity for you to perform any tumbling skills (standing and running).
On Thursday, May 13, from 6:30-7:30pm, we are offering an optional in-person review day in the North Gym at Edina High School. This is a time to ask questions about the tryout material and get some in-person feedback, this is not the time to learn the dance, cheer, or jumps. If you have questions, please contact us.
Please use this link to sign-up for one tryout time.
- Tryout times are available between 6 and 8pm in 15 minute increments on Monday, May 17, Tuesday, May 18, and Wednesday, May 19. If you have a concern, please contact us.
Lastly, to officially tryout for Edina Cheer you must be registered with the EHS Activities Office.
- Current 5th or 6th graders complete this form and email it to email@example.com
- Current 7th through 11th graders click on this link to get registered.
TRYOUT VIDEO LINKS:
Team placement will be announced by Monday, May 24 via email.
2021-22 Tryout Information:
Virtual Parent Meeting
Wednesday, April 21, 7pm via google meet.
Google Meet Link: meet.google.com/bxn-npae-ndb
*not required, but recommended*
Tryouts are for the Edina Competition Cheer Teams: Varsity (Grades 8-12), JV (Grades 7-12), and Middle School (Grades 6-8). There will be recommended summer opportunities and mandatory practices starting in the fall for all teams. Team sizes vary from year to year and we cannot guarantee a place on a team for every athlete that tries out for the program. Current 5-11 graders are eligible to tryout for the 2021-22 season.
- At all in-person gatherings masks are required, social distancing will be practiced, and we will follow all EHS safety guidelines.
- Spring sport athletes that have conflicts with the dates/times below due to your sport please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make other arrangements for tryouts, your spring sport comes first!
- Please email email@example.com for any requests in regards to tryouts.
1. REGISTER: All athletes must register with the Edina Activities Office. Current 5th & 6th Graders need to complete a registration form here and have a current physical in order to register. Current 7-11th graders register online here
2. TRYOUTS WEEK #1: Athletes are required to attend skills clinics, based on ability/experience throughout the week of May 3, link to register: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0c48abad29abf58-edina5
Skills Clinics – EHS Activities Center
Tuesday, May 4
6:00-6:50pm Green Pod
7:00-7:50pm Gold Pod
Wednesday, May 5
6:00-6:50pm Black Pod
7:00-7:50pm White Pod
Thursday, May 6
6:00-6:50pm Gold Pod
7:00-7:50pm Green Pod
Friday, May 7
6:00-6:50pm White Pod
7:00-7:50pm Black Pod
Please use the information below to determine which clinic to attend:
Green Pod - No Tumbling Experience
- athletes will work on handstands/cartwheels/forward rolls
- introductory motion work
- jump approach
White White - Cartwheel/Round Off Class
- athletes attending this class can perform a cartwheel and round off independently
- introductory motion work
- jump approach/drills
Gold Pod - Handspring Class
- athletes attending this class can perform a standing handspring independently (no spot needed)
- motion work
- jump drills/approach/double jump/jump variety
Black Pod - Tuck Class
- athletes attending this class can perform a standing tuck independently (no spot needed)
- motion work
- jump drills/double jump/jump variety
3. TRYOUT WEEK #2: Tryout Material (Cheer and Dance)
Available Online beginning Monday, May 10.
Thursday, May 13, 6:30-7:30pm Optional In-Person Review Day at EHS North Gym
4. TRYOUTS WEEK #3: In Person Tryout.
Athletes will sign up for one tryout time the week of May 17th, sign up link will be available following skills clinics.
Monday, May 17
Tuesday, May 18
Wednesday, May 19
Team placements will be announced by Monday, May 24th via email.