Fall 2021 Tryout Dates
Monday 8/16 - Friday 8/20
Times and locations to be announced
Middle School Player Inquiries:
The Edina girls' tennis program is a 9th-12th grade program. Middle school students do not participate in our JV program. On occasion, there will be a middle school athlete who fits our Exceptional Athlete policy and is granted permission to try out with the Varsity team. An Exceptional Athlete would need to be at the level to compete as a varsity starter as determined by the coaching staff (top 12 in the program) and is typically a higher ranked USTA/UTR tournament player.
Players who fit this criteria should contact Head Coach Jaime Gaard Chapman to discuss the process.
2020 Spectator Guidelines
Spectators will be allowed at matches with a number of restrictions. Spectators are not allowed inside of the fence areas around the playing courts. At Edina's Paulsen Courts, we will separate the spectators from the student-athletes/coaches in the center walk through.
Student-athletes and coaches will set up team camp by the shed on the south end of the walk through. In addition, all spectators are asked to follow the following safety guidelines:
- Face coverings are required to be worn by all spectators at all times entering and exiting the stadium
- No spectator access to the playing court area at any time
- Fans must sit at least 6 feet apart from anyone not living in their household
- All players, coaches, fans must immediately exit the area at the conclusion of the contest
- No gathering or waiting in groups outside the courts after the match. Please help with congestion by going directly to vehicles upon conclusion of the match.
- Players and coaches are also being asked to follow several additional safety precautions.