Food and Nutrition Services - Eat. Learn. Live.
Edina Public Schools is committed to supporting a school environment that promotes and protects students' health, well-being and ability to learn by encouraging healthy eating and physical activity. In partnership with Chartwells, our Food Service department offers a wide variety of healthy choices for all students.
As of 2016 Edina has been working towards reducing food waste within the cafe, as well as giving back to the community.
Students can put their unopened, uneaten, undamaged food from school lunch into a separate bin instead of the trash. This food is then donated to Loaved and Fishes in Minneapolis and distributed within the community to those in need.
I'd Like To...
Food and Nutrition Updates
Special Diet Requests
If your student is in need of any special diet accommodations, please contact our Registered Dietitian, Alexandra Turnbull at email@example.com or 952.848.3812
Simply Good Nutrition
Our Simply Good Nutrition Education and Wellness program contains monthly materials for Wellness Committees, teachers and parents geared to students of all ages!
- Use our materials to highlight fruits and vegetables that we also feature on our menus.
- Hang our bulletin boards in your classrooms or hallways, use our activity sheets during classroom "down time," and send handouts home with parent.
- Host a short nutrition education lesson or a food demo to build excitement with students! All materials provided.
National School Lunch & Breakfast Program
- National Standards for School Meals
- Offer vs Serve Requirements
- What is Included with School Lunch?
- What is Included with School Breakfast?
Smart Snacks in Schools
- What is the USDA Smart Snacks in Schools?
- Beverage Guidelines for USDA Smart Snacks in School
- Smart Snacks in School and Fundraisers During the School Day
- Ideas and Resources for Compliant Fundraisers
- Ideas for Smart Snacks
Check if your food or beverage is compliant with the Alliance for a Healthier Generation Calculator.
DID YOU KNOW?
All grains offered with school breakfast and lunch are 51% whole grain or more!?
For questions regarding Educational Benefits for free/reduced lunch, call: 952-848-3811
Please direct all correspondence to:
Edina High SchoolAttn: Food Service6754 Valley View RoadEdina, MN 55439Make checks payable to:ISD 273 Food ServiceDirector of Dining ServicesDan Hutchinson952-848-3813Chartwells Registered DietitianAlexandra Turnbull, RDN, LD952-848-3812