STUDENT MEALS CONTINUE WHILE SCHOOLS ARE CLOSED!
WHO: ALL STUDENTS under 18, regardless of eligibility
WHAT: BREAKFAST AND LUNCH
WHERE: SOUTH VIEW MIDDLE SCHOOL (Main front door) and EHS (Door 15, access drive behind Valley View)
WHEN: 11 AM TO 1 PM
HOW: DRIVE UP TO DOOR AT EITHER LOCATION AND STAFF WILL ASSIST YOU WITH HOW MANY MEALS YOU NEED. STUDENTS MUST BE PRESENT.
CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE MENU AND LOCATIONS
CLICK HERE TO REQUEST MEAL DELIVERY
Food and Nutrition Services
Eat. Learn. Live!
Edina Public Schools is committed to supporting a school environment that promotes and protects students' health, well-being and ability to learn by encouraging healthy eating and physical activity. In partnership with Chartwells, our Food Service department offers a wide variety of healthy choices for all students.
Apply now for free/reduced lunch benefits
Applications for free and reduced lunch benefits should be completed now, before school starts. Although applications are accepted throughout the school year, it is important to have this Educational Benefit in place as soon as possible to avoid incurring meal account debt. Last year's application expires Oct. 14, 2019 -- after that date, all free and reduced lunch benefits revert to "paid" status and balances become families' responsibilities.
You should apply if::
- Your family qualified for meal benefits last year -- a new application MUST BE SUBMITTED EACH YEAR.
- Your family applied last year but did not meet income guidelines. The guidelines change a little each year and you may now qualify for benefits.
- Your household income has been affected by unemployment, health crisis, death or other circumstances.
I'd Like To...
Allergies and Medical Conditions
If your student is in need of any special diet accommodations, please contact our Registered Dietitian, Alexandra Turnbull at email@example.com or 952.848.3812
Simply Good Nutrition
Our Simply Good Nutrition Education and Wellness program contains monthly materials for Wellness Committees, teachers and parents geared to students of all ages!
- Use our materials to highlight fruits and vegetables that we also feature on our menus.
- Hang our bulletin boards in your classrooms or hallways, use our activity sheets during classroom "down time," and send handouts home with parent.
- Host a short nutrition education lesson or a food demo to build excitement with students! All materials provided.
National School Lunch & Breakfast Program
- National Standards for School Meals
- Offer vs Serve Requirements
- What is Included with School Lunch?
- What is Included with School Breakfast?
Smart Snacks in School
- What is the USDA Smart Snacks in Schools?
- Beverage Guidelines for USDA Smart Snacks in School
- Smart Snacks in School and Fundraisers During the School Day
- Ideas for Smart Snacks
Check if your food or beverage is compliant with the Alliance for a Healthier Generation Calculator.
The Meal Fund supports families experiencing an unexpected financial hardship. Learn how you can access the Meal Fund and how you can contribute.
Did you know?
All grains offered with school breakfast and lunch are 51% whole grain or more!?
For questions regarding Educational Benefits for free/reduced lunch, call: 952-848-3811
Please direct all correspondence to:
Edina High SchoolAttn: Food Service6754 Valley View RoadEdina, MN 55439Make checks payable to:ISD 273 Food ServiceDirector of Dining ServicesDan Hutchinson952-848-3813Chartwells Registered DietitianAlexandra Turnbull, RDN, LD952-848-3812