Edina Virtual Pathway (EVP) is an online learning experience that utilizes the Excellence of Edina staff and curriculum. We provide a fully standards-aligned pathway with the flexibility to meet the unique needs of every student and family situation. We can't know what the future holds because the future will be created by today's students. Edina Virtual Pathway is a future creator and innovation incubator.
Edina Virtual Pathway is open to any Minnesota resident student.
Edina Public Schools is pleased to announce the hiring of Steven Cullison as Coordinator of the district’s K-12 Edina Virtual Pathway. Cullison is currently a social studies teacher at Edina High School, a position he has held since 2014.
As a faculty member at EHS, Cullison has served in several leadership positions, including as an equity leader and professional developer, Professional Learning Community Leader, and District Racial Equity Trainer. He has demonstrated leadership in areas of curriculum design, professional development, and school policy.
Cullison will begin his duties as EVP coordinator on June 7.
- Multi-age classrooms based on the skills and abilities of individual students.
- Families work together over multiple years to grow with each other and provide support and learning opportunities for all.
- Opportunities for self-paced learning based on student readiness.
- Combines course work to create unique pathways that are standards- aligned.
- Advisory Model focuses on academic support and building the learner story at a middle school level.
- Personalized pathways through AP course offerings, internships, and Global Learning Opportunities.
- Post-secondary level courses combined to create a future-ready experience for all.
- Advisory Model focuses on competency completion at a rigorous level and student agency.
The Edina Virtual Pathway is designed with balance in mind. Students will have a healthy connection to in-person sessions, as well as off-screen, independent practice by design.
Edina's Virtual Pathway relies on the flexibility an online program offers to create small group learning. This small group learning is a combination of teacher-supported small groups and peer-to-peer small groups.
All students will be encouraged to uncover and explore their passions using a learning coach model to help them express their interests and learning.
Opportunities for Edina learners extend beyond rigorous academic choices.
- Six skills have been identified as keys to success in college, career, and life. The school district places a high value on the holistic view of the learner.
- Using a gradual release of responsibility to the learner, the Edina Virtual Pathway builds agency to allow students to meet the Future Ready Competencies.