Legislative Action Committee
About the Legislative Action Committee (LAC)
The Edina School Board developed a non-partisan Legislative Action Committee in Fall 2018 focused on issues impacting education in Minnesota and Edina Public Schools, specifically. The LAC has set the following goals:
To develop and propose legislative positions to the School Board, designed to advance Edina Public School’s mission;
To inform and publicize approved legislative positions and proposed actions to the Board and community;
To coordinate advocacy efforts throughout the District;
To advocate to state and federal legislators for positions identified by the LAC and approved by the Board.
The LAC includes administration representation in collaboration with Board Member representation, plus students and members of the community:
Julie Greene, Chair, Board Member
Dan Arom, Board Member
Dr. Stacie Stanley, Superintendent
Jody Remsing, Director of Student Support Services
Catherine Gump, community member
Kate Quayles, community member
Sabeeh Mirza, 12th grade EHS student
Sofia Doval, 11th grade EHS student
Raja Chinnakotla, 11th grade EHS student
The LAC Lead Team works in partnership to support legislative advocacy through legislative priority development and Board approval, presentations to legislators, participation in committee meetings, and overall communication support efforts of LAC activities and events.
2022 Legislative Platform
LAC Presentation to State Legislators: The Legislative Action Committee (LAC) of the Edina School Board presented its 2022 Legislative Platform for Edina Public Schools on Monday, Jan. 24, 1:00-2:00 PM prior to the start of the 2022 MN State Legislative Session. State legislators representing the Edina Schools community were in attendance and provided an update to the committee and the community on their legislative priorities and plans for education in Minnesota.
CLICK HERE to read the Sun Current article published on February 5, 2022 about the Edina LAC.
LAC 2022-23 Meeting Schedule
- Wednesday, September 28 @5:30-6:30pm, Edina Community Center, Room 351
- Wednesday, October 26 @5:30-6:30pm, Edina Community Center, Room 166
- Wednesday, November 30 @5:30-6:30pm, Edina Community Center, Room 166
- Monday, December 12 @7:00pm, Edina Community Center, 3rd floor, Regular Board Meeting
- Wednesday, January 4 @5:30-6:30pm, Edina Community Center, Room 166
- Wednesday, January 25 @5:30-6:30pm, Edina Community Center, Room 166
- Wednesday, February 22 @5:30-6:30pm, Edina Community Center, Room 166
- Wednesday, March 29 @5:30-6:30pm, Edina Community Center, Room 166
- Wednesday, April 26 @5:30-6:30pm, Edina Community Center, Room 166