School Board accepts World’s Best Workforce Report
The Edina School Board accepted the 2016-17 World’s Best Workforce (WBWF) Report Summary, presented by district administration at the Nov. 13 meeting. The report is in alignment with Minnesota State statute, passed in 2013 to ensure every school district in the state is making strides to increase student performance. Each district is required to develop a plan that addresses the following five goals:
- All children are ready for school
- All third graders can read at grade level
- All racial and economic achievement gaps between students are closed
- All students are ready for career and college
- All students graduate from high school
The report documents student achievement goals established last year, strategies and initiatives the district engaged in to meet the goals, and the subsequent progress made on those goals by the end of the school year. A key component of developing the plan is community engagement. At Edina Public Schools, a 32-member WBWF Advisory Committee includes parents, students, community members, staff, and administration, who make recommendations regarding the plan.