Early voting has begun; first candidate forum is Thursday, Sept. 23
Residents living within the Edina Public Schools district may cast their votes now for the School Board election.
All early voting via absentee ballot will take place at the Edina City Hall. Voters may complete an absentee ballot application in person, or request one to be mailed or emailed to them. Ballots may be returned to City Hall on the following schedule:
- Weekdays Sept. 17- Oct. 29: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 30: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Monday, Nov. 1: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The first of three School Board Candidate Forums will be Thursday, Sept. 23, 7-9 p.m. at Edina City Hall. The forum is sponsored by the League of Women Voters-Edina. The community is welcome to attend in person (masks required). The forum will also be live streamed and recorded. Visit the League of Women Voters-Edina website for links and information on how to submit questions.
Two more forums are planned:
- Tuesday, Oct. 12, 9:30-11 a.m. at the Edina Community Center, Room 348, sponsored by the Parent Leadership Council
- Oct. 25, 6-8 p.m., Virtual (live streamed), sponsored by the Edina High School Debate Team
Election Day is Tuesday, Nov. 2. All voting on that day will occur at polling places in resident precincts. Visit edinaschools.org/2021Election for more information.