2023 Bilingual Seal Accomplishments
On April 18, the EHS World Language department proctored the Stamp test for multiple languages. This test, given to seniors, is one of the proficiency tests that allows them to qualify for the Bilingual Certificate or Seal that is awarded upon graduation. Between the results of this test given in French, Spanish, Chinese and now ASL as well as the Latin proficiency tests created for MDE by our own Latin colleagues and the results of AP Language and Culture exams, Edina has consistently averaged 20% of the senior class earning the distinction of either the Bilingual Certificate or Seal. This year, over 200 seniors will be awarded either the Bilingual Certificate or Seal, 10 of whom actually qualify for the Multilingual Honors, demonstrating proficiency in two languages beyond English.
We are proud to confirm these are our second highest results since the start of testing in 2016, with 27% of the senior class earning these distinctions.
The following students will earn multilingual accolades for demonstrating proficiency in two languages:
- Serena Arisian - Italian & Spanish
- Alejandra Garcia - French & Spanish
- Sydney Gremmels - French & Spanish
- Anna Henningsen - French & Spanish
- Anna Mendez - French & Spanish
- Emma Rapallini - Italian & Spanish
- Ariane Raynaud - French & Spanish
- Sally Sebek - Czech & French
- Victor Vasconcelos - Portuguese & Spanish