Under state law, parents or legal guardians of students who are not eligible for district transportation are responsible for their student's travel to and from school. In 2020, the Edina School Board approved a pay-to-ride option for families in the non-transportation area within the school district boundaries. (Board Policy 713, Appendix I)
Families may register and pay for bus transportation Aug. 1-15 for service in the fall. The fee is $350 for the first student, with a family cap of $525.
There is limited space on some buses. Pay-to-ride students will be added to routes on a first come/first served basis determined by the timestamp on the paid registration. Fees would be refunded if the student count exceeds the occupancy limit on a bus and the student is not able to be added to a route.
Register for Pay-to-Ride
In order for a student to be assigned to a bus route this fall, registration and payment must be received between Aug. 1-5, 2021.
For more information and to register, call Transportation Services at 952-848-4979.
- If I only want bus transportation for my student in the morning (or only afternoon) will I pay half the fee?
- What happens if my student is assigned to a bus in the fall, but the student count on the bus rises during the school year?
- Can I get a refund if I cancel bus transportation service part way through the year?
- Will we be reimbursed for snow days or days that my child is absent from school and does not ride the bus?
- If my student transfers intra-district, do I qualify for Pay-to-Ride?