Edina Public Schools is committed to providing a safe and enjoyable ride to all of its passengers. We transport more than 8,000 students to and from school every day.
In addition, we transport students for field trips, fine arts and sports teams, and between schools for other academic programs. As a district-run transportation service, your children are our students, too! We take pride in beginning and ending each student’s day on a positive note
Transportation route information is posted on the parent portal in August. If you have questions about your child's route, please contact Transportation Services.
Minnesota state statute requires school districts to provide transportation at no charge for all students who live more than 2 miles from the school they attend. In Edina, we have expanded the eligibility area to include students who live more than .7 miles for elementary students and more than 1 mile for secondary students. (See School Board Policy 713)
Under state law, parents or legal guardians of students who are not eligible for district transportation are responsible for their student's travel to and from school. The district offers a Pay-to-Ride option for students living in the non-transportation area, students living in Edina but within the Hopkins school district boundaries, and elementary students living in the walking areas. The Pay-to-Ride option is not available for intra-district transfer students.
Special Education Transportation
The school district provides transportation for special education students according to the child’s Individual Education Plan. If your child has special needs that require transportation different from regular bus service, please work with your student’s case manager or call Student Support Services
Secondary students who are registered for after school activities will receive Activity Bus passes for transportation to their neighborhood based on a limited route schedule.
5201 West 76th Street
Edina, MN 55439
Hours: 7:30 a.m.- 4 p.m.
Supervisor of Transportation Services
My Bus App
The MyBus App is a tool we offer through Education Logistics (Edulog). Once registered, you will be able to log in and view your student's school bus as it progresses along the route to and from school.
Prior to being able to use the system, you need to create an account and register each of your currently enrolled students. This account will follow your student(s) from year to year.
To create an account for each of your students, you will need:
- Student number (find student numbers on the Infinite Campus portal)
- Last name on record
- Currently enrolled school
- Currently enrolled grade
For more information, view this English tutorial or Spanish tutorial on how to register and use the MyBus App.
Roles and Responsibilities
We all play an important role in keeping children safe as they travel to and from school.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who do I call if my student lost something on the bus?
- When do I receive information about my student's bus route assignment?
- How are bus stops determined?
- Does my child have to sit in the same bus seat every day?
- Can my child’s friend ride home on the bus with them?
- May students use their cell phones on the school bus?
- What is the transportation eligibility boundary in the Edina district?
Who do I call if my student lost something on the bus?
When do I receive information about my student's bus route assignment?
How are bus stops determined?
Does my child have to sit in the same bus seat every day?
Can my child’s friend ride home on the bus with them?
May students use their cell phones on the school bus?
What is the transportation eligibility boundary in the Edina district?
- What is my student allowed to bring on the bus?
- How are the eligibility boundaries measured? Who does the measuring?
- How is busing determined for the district’s choice programs (Continuous Progress, French Immersion)?
- How do students in the non-transportation area get to school?
- How can my child get a pass for the Activity Bus?