Supporting Students - Sustaining Excellence
2021 Technology Levy and Bond Issue
**Results of Tech Levy and Bond Issue vote will be posted here as soon as they become available following the close of polls at 8 p.m.
On May 11, 2021, Edina Public Schools will ask district voters for support in two areas of operation that directly and indirectly support the excellent academic opportunities we provide to all Edina students. The Technology Levy and the Bond Issue support infrastructure built by Edina taxpayers over many years and represent stewardship of community investment in Edina students and schools.
Follow the link above to replay the League of Women Voters' April 7 Town Hall discussion about the Tech Levy and Bond Issue.
Find information about early voting, polling locations for in-person voting, and how to find out where to vote if you aren't sure.
Learn about the ways the Technology Levy supports Edina students and how the Bond Issue will improve and sustain facilities.
In case you missed it
This INFORMATIONAL MAILER was recently sent to all district residents.
10-Year $7M Technology Levy
The levy represents a renewal of the current $6.5 million levy with an increase of $500,000. The current 10-year levy expires June 30, 2022. The Technology Levy supports all aspects of the school district:
- Curricular: Hardware, software and licensing for students and teachers
- Information systems: Infinite Campus (student data), Schoology and SeeSaw (learning platforms), employee data and recruitment
- Infrastructure: Network, firewalls, phone systems, bandwidth
- Safety and security: Security cameras, door lock and alarm systems
- Staffing: Media Specialists, Help Desk, Digital Learning Specialists, Tech Specialists
- Increase in instructional software costs
$7M Bond Issue
Funds from this bond issue are earmarked for four specific facilities improvements:
- Expansion of current bus garage with five additional bays of non-heated enclosed space, and expansion of heated stall area for additional special education buses
- Changes to Creek Valley bus loop to provide separation of cars and buses
- Additional and modified parking area at Countryside Elementary to improve parent drop off/pick up process, increase parking for general and handicap vehicles
- Align west entrance to Valley View/EHS parking lot with Chapel Lane to enhance pedestrian safety; adjustments to internal traffic flow of drop off/pick up area