Back to School
For districtwide back to school information, such as health services, nutrition services, and ways to connect with Edina Public Schools, visit the Family Handbook.
2019 Get Connected Day
When: Monday, Aug. 12, 12-7 p.m.; Designated time for new families and 6th grade families during Get Connected Day 12-3 p.m.
Where: Edina Performing Arts Center (EPAC) lobby, enter the event at door #3
Get Connected Day Forms
Complete these online; print and turn in at Get Connected Day
- PTO Membership
- Background Check Form
- Background Check with Electronic Payment
- Valley View Choir Membership
- Extended French Dues Letter
- Medication at School
- Course Change Form (Optional Form to complete (only if you need a course change)
6th Grade and New Family Welcome Program
New family welcome program for 6th grade families and families new to Edina. This is an optional event, but will be helpful for the transition to Valley View.
When: Monday, Aug. 12, 12-1 p.m.; Designated time for new families during Get Connected Day 12-3 p.m.
Where: Edina Performing Arts Center (EPAC), enter the event at door #3
Chromebook boot camp and distribution will be offered during the new family welcome program. For those unable to attend, makeup dates for boot camp will be offered. Read more about the issuance of Chromebooks.
You must purchase a Valley View Lock and keep the plastic bumper on the lock. If you have a previously used lock, you may use that. Otherwise, locks are $6.00, which is our cost to purchase.
Orientation and Curriculum Morning Information
Grades 6-8 orientation for parents and students. This is not an open house. Please come for the entire morning! You will be walking through your child's schedule (with your child) and spending about 10 minutes learning about each class.
Parent/Student Orientation Morning for all grades. Make sure you bring student schedule to sync with the grade level rotations linked below. (For example, if your child has Math 1/2 A, you visit that classroom, and so on)
When: Friday, Aug. 23, 8-10 a.m.
Where: Valley View Middle School
- 6th grade Rotations to visit classes.
- 7th grade Rotations to visit classes
- 8th grade Rotations to visit classes
- Student schedules will be available to view on Infinite Campus by August 9, 2019. Infinite Campus is found on the Edina Parent Portal. If you do not have access to the portal or need help with logging in, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students will be assigned a locker on your schedule. Please use the locker to which you are assigned
As we approach the first day of school, please be aware that schedule changes will be reflected in the student schedules that are viewable on Infinite Campus. If you have requested a schedule change, please look for an updated schedule on Infinite Campus that reflects the requested change. If there is no change in the schedule, please contact your child’s counselor.
Information about student transportation will be released on the portal on Wednesday, August 14. Bus routes will run as posted for at least the first two weeks of school. Adjustments to route times, if needed, will be made mid-to-late September and families would be notified of changes. Visit EdinaSchools.org/Transportation for more information.
2019-20 Welcome Letters & Supply Lists
Everyone gets their picture taken to ensure yearbook inclusion, even if you don't want to buy pictures.
Lifetouch Picture Information
Valley View 2019-2020 Infomation--one pager. Click here for a one page, one stop shop with updates and information for 2019-2020.
- 2019-2020 Advisory and Flex Schedule
- A/B Calender
- 2 hour late start and early release schedules
- 2019-2020 Conference Schedule
- District One page 2019-2020 calendar
- Progress Reporting Dates...this is our way to ensure grades are updated for you to review twice monthly.
More Back to School Resources
Parents of 7th Graders
Check your student’s records for these two key immunizations:
- One dose of meningococcal is required beginning in grade 7
- One dose of Tdap is required beginning at grade 7