EPS Family Handbook
Welcome to the 2019-20 School Year!
This online handbook is designed to provide you with everything you need to get ready for a new school year. Here you’ll find links to resources, forms and information. Start with the checklist to be sure you are seeing and doing all of the necessary things to make the first days of school successful -- not stressful! Then please peruse the rest of the links and resources to see What’s New this year and to review information that you may know but would like a refresher on. This Handbook section of the Parent Resources website will be live all year, so check back any time.
Back to School Checklist
- 2020-2021 School Year Planning survey: selection Edina Virtual Academy if you do not wish for your student to participate in the hybrid learning model (in-person learning for part of each week). Note that the learning model preference needs to indicated for each student.
- Transportation: Due to COVID safety guidelines restricting capacity on school buses, we will have limited ability to transport as many students as we do in a normal year. So that we can begin the routing process, you will be asked to indicate if you need or desire transportation for your student this school year.
- Nutrition Services: Due to COVID safety guidelines, menus will be different this year. We will begin the year with cold lunches only, hoping to expand to some hot food later. So that we can begin preparing our Nutrition Services, you will be asked indicate if you will need or desire school lunches for your student this year.
- My Info Update (view tutorial) to make changes to home address and phone numbers, email addresses and review/update student immunization records. *Learn more about the Infinite Campus Parent Portal
- Complete the Student Information Release agreement (in My Info Update) if you DO NOT want your students' photographs, name or other information to appear in district publications, yearbooks, directories, etc.
□ This year, all financial transaction will be contactless (no cash or checks accepted. You can deposit money in lunch accounts in the Parent Portal. View information and tutorials about the new look for online food service payments.
- Apply for Free/Reduced Lunch benefits, especially if you qualified last year or have had a change in financial situation.
□ Opt-in to receive text messages from Edina Public Schools.
□ Review the Student Rights & Responsibilities Handbook with your students.
□ Plan to attend Open House and Get Connected events! Check school websites for details and more events.
□ Pick up a 2019-20 Activities Calendar at your Open House/Get Connected event.
Back to School Pages
*Check school websites for details
Aug. 12 Valley View Get Connected Day
Aug. 19 EHS Get Connected Day/Open House
Aug. 20 South View Get Connected Day
Aug. 22 Open House at Concord, Countryside, Highlands, Normandale (Partnership Planning Conferences)
Aug. 23 Open House at Cornelia, Creek Valley; Valley View Student/Parent Curriculum Day
Aug. 26 First Day of School Gr. 1-12
Aug. 27 First Day of School Kindergarten
Sept. 4 First Day of School Early Learning Center
Back to School Postcard
View a PDF of the Back to School postcard mailed to families:
Stay Connected Learn how and where to find news from the district and your schools
Food & Nutrition Services Meal prices for 2019-20, information and forms for free/reduced meal benefits, and more
Health Services Immunization and physical forms, when to keep your child home from school, forms for medication at school, information and resources
Learning & Technology Be informed about the Online Acceptable Use Policy and learn how technology is used to enrich learning
Equity Resources Connect with cultural liaisons, learn about translation and interpretation services
Community Education Information about out-of-school programming for youth, early childhood education and adult classes
Edina Resource Center Connect with community resources for support with housing, health care, financial, legal and many other needs
There is something new every school year. Visit the What's New page to learn more about e-Learning Days, new apps, new people, and more.
Support Our Partners
Learn more about our mission-aligned partners who work throughout the year and throughout the district to support Edina students and families.
Be a Partner
There are many ways for you to be involved with Edina Public Schools. Check out these opportunities.