The district provides a comprehensive program including medical, dental, life, long term disability insurances and pretax flexible spending accounts. Enrollment into these plans is available at hire and during the annual open enrollment period.
Edina Public Schools contracts with PlanSource to handle the enrollment process and the reimbursements from the flexible spending and health reimbursement accounts. You should contact PlanSource with questions regarding your benefits.Insurance Website
- Flexible Spending Reimbursement Request
- FAQ's - Flexible Spending
- ECC Weight Room - Exercise Facilities Release Form
Insurance premiums are deducted each pay period and the amount is determined by the following:
24 pay periodsMonthly Insurance Premium divided by 2 19 or 21 pay periods*Monthly Insurance Premium
multiplied by 12 then divided by 19 or 21
*It is often necessary to make an adjustment for health insurance to ensure that the correct amount is withheld for the period of September through August. This one time adjustment is made shortly after the new calendar rates begin; individual notification is not made.
District contribution amounts for each type of insurance are available in your labor group contract/agreement. Employee contributions are made on a pretax basis for medical and dental insurance. If the district contribution is more than the medical plan elected, the excess may be deposited into a health reimbursement account.
Employee Assistance Program
Today’s work and family issues need fast and effective solutions. An Employee Assistance Program (EAP) has resources to help you at home and at work.
- EAP flyer for all employees, including teachers
- EAP flyer for employees carrying BlueCross BlueShield medical insurance
There are two statutory pension plans, TRA and PERA. Both pension plans are governed by the State of Minnesota. These two plans are defined benefit plans.
- Teachers Retirement Association (TRA) – All licensed employees.
- Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) – All non-licensed employees, unless one qualifies for an exemption.
There are three voluntary investment choices, which are defined contribution plans. They are the 403(b) tax shelter annuity, the 457 deferred compensation plan, and the 403(b) Roth. Complete the Salary Reduction Agreement form to participate.
- Approved Investment Companies List
- Salary Reduction Agreement form
- Procedure for 403(b) transfer, exchange, rollover, loan, or withdrawal
If you are eligible for a matching contribution, Payroll will calculate it according to the appropriate labor contract/agreement.