Medical Insurance (non-EM/E)
Any eligible employee that does not receive health insurance through Education Minnesota/ Edina (non teacher) can look here for medical insurance information. Please contact your designated contract and guidebook regarding eligibility.
Open EnrollmentOpen enrollment begins on November 4 and will end on November 18 at midnight for benefits that will be effective on January 1, 2020. Enrollment will be online through PlanSource.
- Your username is the first letter of your first name, the first 6 letters of your last name, and the last 4 digits of your social security number.
- Your password is your birthdate: format YYYYMMDD example: 19830713
BlueCross BlueShield will continue to be our provider for 2020 with no changes to the plans. Employees who choose to enroll in the "High Value Plan" will be limited to the following clinics:
- Fairview Health Services
- Health East
- Health Partners
- North Memorial
- Park Nicollet
- University of Minnesota
- $4000 Deductible & High Value* plan
*High Value plan option is clinic specific
You can find a provider on the BlueCross BlueShield website.
- Members: sign in to myBlueCross at myBlueCrossmn.com
- Not a member yet? Visit bluecrossmn.com and use “Find a doctor” web tool.
Choose Aware network when searching for providers within Minnesota. Choose BlueCard Network when outside of Minnesota.
View the cost sheets for all bargaining units for the 2020 enrollment year.
Employee Assistance Programs
Employees have access to counselors 24-hours a day, with up to 3 in-person assessment and counseling sessions at no cost, for help with:
- Legal Assistance
- Financial Assistance
- Child & Eldercare Assistance
- Memorial Planning
- Stress Management
- Relationship problems
Call toll free: 866-451-5465. For claimant assist services, call 866-472-2734.
BlueCross BlueShield Members Only
BlueCross BlueShield members have access to toll-free, confidential counselor support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for help with:
- Marriage/relationship/family concerns
- Mental health, grief or stress issues
- Legal referrals or financial matters
- Child care and elder care
- Situations at work
Additional resources are available at bluecrossmn.com/eap.
Payroll Deductions, Insurance
Compensation & Benefits Coordinator
Enrollment/Status Changes/EligibilityTammy KnappPlanSourceDirect: 612-256-0843Fax: 407-386-8142
Toll Free: 888-266-1732; option 2
COBRA/RetireeJoAnne LynchPlanSourceDirect: 612-256-0844Fax: 952-939-0990