Join Us for Open Gyms This Summer
Open gyms are times when players can come practice their volleyball skills for free! There is no guarantee of coach instruction at every open gym. It is an optional time for players to come utilize gym space and nets.Who Can Attend: Any incoming 9th-12th grader. Incoming 7th-8th graders are also welcome if they plan to try-out for the high school season.Location Information: With the rise in COVID cases with kids in Edina, we plan on being OUTSIDE unless the weather is bad (raining or extreme heat). If we are outside it will be at Creek Valley like the June open gyms. If we are inside, it will be at the South View gyms. We will update the website and the facebook page by 11am the day of an open gym.Open Gym Sign-Up: We are also required to limit the group sizes. For this reason, the open gym capacity is capped at 23 players and there is a sign-up sheet. Sign-ups are on a first come, first serve basis. If you sign-up and are no longer able to attend, please update the google doc in case another player can now attend.Safety Regulations: Families, players, and coaches have several regulations we need to abide by to make sure that everyone is able to practice safely. Read the below regulation list to make sure that your player will be able to participate.
Times: Open gyms are from 12:00-3:00pm and split up into 1 hour time slots according to incoming grade/skill.12:00-1:00pm= for returning Varsity, JV, B Squad and incoming 11-12th graders1:00-2:00pm= for returning 9A, 9B and incoming 10th graders2:00-3:00pm= for incoming 7th-9th gradersIf your player is unable to make their time slot, reach out and we can have them practice with another group if we feel it would be appropriate.Dates for Summer 2020:
- Check player temperature prior to attending practice. If your player or anyone in your family has a temperature of >100.4 degrees or is feeling ill, keep your player home.
- Players should use hand sanitizer before entering the field. Families, please have it in the car or with the player for use prior to drop off.
- Upon arrival players should keep their personal belongings at least 6’ apart and continue to follow safe social distancing rules standing at least 6’ apart.
- Setup and take down of nets will be done by coaches or individuals to eliminate shared contact of those surfaces. They will be wiped down before and after every use.
- Players should bring their own ball and wipe down before and after every session.
- Players must wear masks except when on the court actively playing.
- No spectators are permitted to attend practice close up.
- No sharing of equipment is allowed. Anyone caught doing so will be removed from the sessions.
- We will do our best to ensure the safety of our players making that our first priority. If there are any safety concerns it should be brought up to us immediately.
- No food allowed, and no sharing water bottles, towels, etc. make sure you bring everything you need individually.
- Only one group is allowed on a court at a time.
- Coaches will be wearing masks.
- Coaches will create groups with a maximum number of 23 people. We may have more than one small group upon which we will create stations to separate the groups. We will keep the groups the same as much as possible.
- Groups should not intermix during the practice.
- Stations will focus individual skill development—there will be no scrimmages or game play
- Players and coach interaction within 6’ of each other should be avoided.
- Player and coach interactions must be contactless (i.e., no high-fives, hand-shakes, etc.).
- Players will not share equipment that they bring to the field.
- Each player will use their own ball during practice.
- Coaches will be given disinfectant materials to use. If anything needs to be shared, they will disinfect as much as possible.
Tuesday, August 4th outdoors at Creek Valley
Wednesday, August 5th indoors in gyms 1 and 2 at South View Middle School.
Thursday, August 6th indoors in gyms 1 and 2 at South View Middle School
Captains practice will be held the week of August 10th-13th. More information to come on times and locations.