Assistive Technology Resources
As part of student support services in Edina Public Schools, we strive for every student receiving support through an Individualized Education Plan (IEP), Individual Family Service Plan (IFSP) or 504 Plan to have access to assistive technology (AT) that allows them to fully access their education. Not every student with an IEP, IFSP, or 504 plan requires AT, but those who do should have access to both tools and training needed to be successful AT users.
“Assistive technology devices are identified in the IDEA 2004 as: any item, piece of equipment or product system, whether acquired commercially off the shelf, modified, or customized, that is used to increase, maintain, or improve the functional capabilities of children with disabilities.” (Authority 20 U.S.C. 1401(1))
Resources for the consideration, selection, and implementation for Assistive Technology shared here include Edina Public Schools district AT forms, frequently asked questions, a library of printable visuals, training videos, link to AT resources, and contact information for your additional AT questions to request devices and support.
When to contact the AT Strategist
- When the team is not sure of how to proceed with AT consideration
- When the team has completed AT consideration and needs assistance selecting an AT device
- When support is needed for staff and/or student training of AT device use
- When the parent requests to have the AT Strategist involved
- When an AT assessment is required
- During an evaluation results meeting to review the outcomes of the evaluation and discuss how they translate into new or ongoing AT use
Contact the AT Strategist
* Contact the AT Strategist to request a subscription.