Middle School Track
Scroll down to read more about our middle school track program for boys and girls in grades 7 and 8.
Register and submit Sports Qualifying Physical Exam form by Monday, April 1.
Join us for fun and fitness this spring
Beginner and experienced track athletes are welcome! All participants will have the opportunity to compete in track and field events that encompass sprint and long distance running races, individual and relay options, and jumping and throwing events. We will have four teams: a South View Girls Team, a South View Boys Team, and a Valley View Girls Team, and a Valley View Boys Team .
- Season runs from April 1 - May 20, 2019
- If paid on or before March 25, the fee is $169. A late fee will apply to all registrations after March 25. All registration must be completed by Monday, April 1, 2019.
- Practices are held Monday-Friday, 7:45am-9:00am at Valley View Middle school and South View Middle School. Students will stay at their home school for practices.
- Teams compete in the Classic Lake Middle School Conference. The season includes four regular season meets plus a conference meet at the end of the season
- Plan to attend a parent meeting on Tuesday, March 26 5:30 pm at Valley View Middle School auditorium. At this meeting, you'll meet the coaches, review team expectations, discussion team communications, and receive the individual team schedules.
South View Girls/Boy's Head Coach
Steve Freese firstname.lastname@example.org
Valley View Girls Team
Jon Buckley email@example.com
Note that you must have a Sports Qualifying Physical Examination Clearance Form on file with Edina Public Schools to complete registration. This form requires a physician's signature.
- If the date of the last physical we have on file is prior to June 15, 2016, and/or this is your first time submitting the form, you will need to submit the 2018-19 form.
- There are three ways to submit the form:
- turn in to the Edina Community Center main office (inside Door 3 at Edina Community Center, 5701 Normandale Road, Edina)
- mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- fax to 952-848-3977