Kindergarten Registration for 2020-21
Children who are five years old on or before September 1 are eligible to begin kindergarten. (If you use a pop-up blocker, please allow pop-ups prior to beginning registration.)
Kindergarten Information Nights
- Concord: Tuesday, December 3, 2019, 7:00 p.m., Gym
- Cornelia: Tuesday, December 3, 2019, 7:00 p.m., Cafeteria
- Countryside: Tuesday, December 3, 2019, 7:00 p.m., Gym
- Creek Valley: Tuesday, December 3, 2019, 7:00 p.m., Cafeteria
- Highlands: Tuesday, December 3, 2019, 7:00 p.m., Cafeteria
French Immersion Information
- Normandale: Thursday, December 5, 2019, 7:00 p.m., Edina Community Center – Auditorium
Continuous Progress Information
- Countryside: Tuesday, December 10, 2019, 6:30 p.m., Flex Space
- Highlands: Tuesday, December 10, 2019, 5:30 p.m., Cafeteria
You will be asked to upload the following items (scans or photos) during the registration process.
- Proof of Residency (Edina residents only)
- What qualifies as proof of residency? See Section 3 of Board policy 509.
- Immunization Records
- Certified Birth Certificate, Passport/Visa or official US Court/Government document indicating child's full legal name & birthdate
Countdown to Kindergarten
Registered families will receive Countdown to Kindergarten, a bi-monthly newsletter detailing helpful tips, resources, and advice from kindergarten experts at all our elementary schools that will ease your child’s transition into kindergarten. View content from previous newsletters on the Countdown to Kindergarten webpage.
The State of Minnesota requires that all children entering kindergarten at a public school participate in preschool screening before the start of the school year. Learn more and make an appointment.