Report an Absence
Please call the attendance line at 952-848-3802 if your student will be out for an absence. We would prefer that you call before 12:00 noon on the day of the absence, but you can call at anytime. Absences will not be excused after 48 hours and will be considered unexcused.
When you call the attendance line, we request the following information regarding the absence:
- full name of your student, including the spelling of the last name
- date and time of the absence
- reason for the absence
- approximate time of return
- phone number where you may be reached
When to keep your student at home
If you have questions about when you should keep your student home for an illness, please see this guide.
For purposes of tracking influenza, it is important that you report the following symptoms if they apply to your student:
- fever of 100 degrees or over
- sore throat
- and/or a cough
Student Handbook - Rights and Responsibilities
The purpose of the Edina High School Attendance Policy reflects our desire to have each student attend all classes and arrive on time. Please see the Student Handbook for provisions and procedures of the policy. Click here for Student Handbook. It is expected that parents will support the intent of the policy and encourage their children to have good attendance.
Attendance Policy Chart
The Attendance Policy Chart should help answer any questions students and parents may have about attendance.
College visit, vacation or other pre-planned event (Only for absences of 3 or more days)
We request that all families who are planning to miss school due to family vacations or college visits to contact teachers 2-3 weeks prior to the trip to make arrangements with them to have students make up missing work. At least five days prior to the absence families should complete and submit the 2018-2019 Pre-Arranged Absence Form. Please note that the absences, though excused, will be counted toward the student’s 9 limited absences per semester.
- Students arriving to school late than 8:30am should enter through the main entrance, register, and obtain a pass to class.
- Students arriving late are responsible to ensure that teachers change the online absence notation to a tardy.
- Students who need to leave school early, must obtain a pass at the main entrance. Students should complete this prior to the start of school, obtain the pass, and inform their teacher(s) of the dismissal.
- Students must sign out at the main entrance prior to leaving the school building. Students should be picked up in front the main entrance.
- Complete Drop-off and Pick-up Information
- EHS/VV Traffic Flow Map