Counseling and Advising
What is Access?
Access is a group of adult volunteers in coordination with the Counseling Department who work one-on-one with ANY EHS student to navigate the post-secondary planning process. The goal of Access is for every EHS senior to have a post-secondary plan before they graduate.
Access cam assist students with the following:
- College search and application process (including help with essays)
- Financial Aid (FAFSA/researching scholarships)
- Registering for ACT/SAT and where to find free study materials*
- Administering Community College placement tests and study prep*
- Activity List/Resume and/or mock interviews for jobs
- Field trips to Community Colleges*
- Career exploration
- Summer enrichment opportunities*
Where is Access?
For 2020-21 we are operating virtually; in 2021-22 we will be in the College & Career Center, across from the main Media Center desk.
How to Utilize Access?
Students are referred by their Counselor, school liaison or teacher; or students may contact Ann Webster to be assigned an Access volunteer.
Counselor Liaison to Access?
Dylan Hackbarth, Counselor
*a service of Access that has been impacted by COVID-19
- Minnesota Career Information System (MCIS)
To create account, sign-up using
- College Green Light
- College Affordability Guide
Test Prep Materials
Edina High School students now have access to LearningExpress Library, an online resource with a whole host of test prep materials, including the Accuplacer, PSAT, ACT and SAT. There are sample tests students can take and receive feedback on their answers. It also has review materials for core high school subjects (including math, English, social studies and science) as well as prep materials for a handful of AP tests.
Updated January 11, 2021