• To stimulate enthusiasm and a love for Mathematics
• To introduce important Mathematical concepts
• To teach major strategies for problem-solving
• To develop Mathematical flexibility in solving problems
• To strengthen Mathematical intuition
• To foster Mathematical creativity and ingenuity
• To provide for the satisfaction, joy, and thrill of meeting challenges
Who should sign up?
Any student in grade 4 or 5 who would like an extra challenge in math is encouraged to join.
What is it?
A math enrichment opportunity for mathematically talented students in grades 4 and 5. The students work together on problem-solving strategies, do practice problems, and then complete individual competitions once a month. Students will receive a booklet with practice problems.
Is Math Olympiad Right For My Child?
Math Olympiad is a fast-paced opportunity designed for children who enjoy and need challenging material. This program is designed for the highly skilled problem solver. Team members are children who are very accurate with numbers, not just math facts, but numbers related to problems requiring critical thinking skills. Questions on the tests can present a very difficult challenge.
How can I sign up?
Ally DardisGT Math TeacherAllyson.Dardis@edinaschools.org