Edina Cheerleading Attendance Policy & Explanation
Attendance is REQUIRED at ALL practices and scheduled team events (games and competitions)! Spring practices are not mandatory but are strongly recommended! This is a time for the team to bond, learn valuable skills that will be used throughout the year, and create stunting groups that will work together in the routine.
- For absence to be ‘excused’ your coach must be contacted PRIOR to the absence occurring. For same-day absences coaches must be contacted prior to 3pm via email or call from the parent.
- Absences related to an illness that lasts for more than two practices require a doctor’s to return to practice.
- There will only be allowed 3 excused absences per season. The 4th excused (excluding when sick or injured) absence becomes your 1st unexcused. Even with an excused practice you are expected to return to practice at the same level as your teammates and are responsible for all routine changes that occurred during your absence.
- 1st Offense: Loss of competition or coach’s discretion
- 2nd Offense: Loss of 1 competition and letter.
- 3rd Offense: Permanent removal from the team.
- If under 15 minutes late to practice; additional jumps and/or tumbling will be required based on coach’s discretion.
- If more than 15 minutes into practice; additional jumps and/or tumbling will be required based on coach’s discretion.
After School Help‐not exceeding 1.5 hours total in a season
Planned Family Vacations‐written notice as soon as possible
Illness‐if Coach is contacted prior to absence
Other Excused Medical Emergencies
PSAT/ACT prep courses
Dance/Cheerleading lessons or recitals
Doctor Appointments‐unless excused in advance
Illness when present in school day
Homework/school clubs, lessons, or unapproved help