Middle School Sports
Middle School Track
Click here and scroll down to read more about our middle school track program for boys and girls in grades 7 and 8.
Registration opens February 1, 2017 (search "track").
Registration and sports clearance form due by Monday, April 3, 2017.
Join us for fun and fitness this spring
Beginner and experienced track athletes are welcome! All participants will have the opportunity to compete in track and field events that encompass sprint and long distance running races, individual and relay options, and jumping and throwing events. We will have three teams: an Edina Boys Team, a South View Girls Team, and a Valley View Girls Team.
- Season runs from April 3 - May 26
- Fee: $149
- Practices are held Monday-Friday, 3:00-4:15pm at Edina Community Center's Kuhlman Field
- Teams compete in the Classic Lake Middle School Conference. The season includes four regular season meets plus a conference meet at the end of the season
- A shuttle bus is available immediately after school from Valley View to the Edina Community Center. Parents may pick up students from the Community Center at 4:15pm, or participants may take the district-wide activity bus home
- Plan to attend a parent meeting on Tuesday, March 21 from 6-7:30pm at South View Middle School. At this meeting, you'll meet the coaches, review team expectations, discussion team communications, and receive the individual team schedules.
CoachesSouth View Girls Team
Amee LiaBraaten email@example.com
Valley View Girls Team
Jon Buckley firstname.lastname@example.org
Coach expectations for the Valley View Girls Team
Registration Details + Helpful Links
Click here to register (search "track")Note that you must have a Sports Qualifying Physical Examination Clearance Form on file with Edina Public Schools to complete registration. This form requires a physician's signature.
- If the date of the last physical we have on file is prior to June 15, 2014, you will need to submit the 2016-17 form
- If this is your first time submitting the form, here is a link to the 2016-17 form
- There are three ways to submit the form:
- turn in to the Edina Community Center main office (inside door 3)
- mail to email@example.com
- fax to 952.848.3977