KIDS Club and WISE Guys (K-5)
For young people to fully realize their potential and thrive, they need learning opportunities and relationships beyond home and the school day. KIDS Club/WISE Guys school age care creates spaces, times and activities that encourage students to develop skills, connect with peers, and grow independence.
School Year 2020-2021
Update as of 8/27/2020
Dear KIDS Club/WISE Guys Families:
Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey! We received many helpful and kind comments. This information helped us to identify a few things we need to communicate and helped us solidify a starting point for the year. Attached you will find revised registration documents with the updated guidelines based on Minnesota Department of Health, Department of Human Services and Minnesota Department of Education requirements. We’ve also included a how-to guide so you can modify your contract accordingly. Please update your Kids Club contracts by Monday, August 31 at 11:59 pm. Our staff will then review and approve the updates that you have made.
A few updates:
- Start date: Since the first week of school is an orientation time for all teachers at the elementary schools, we will begin KC/WG on September 14 when students begin classroom instruction.
- Kindergarten students are able to sign up for 4 afternoons of care per week starting September 21st (M/Tu/Th/F). Students grades 1-5 can register for the two days they are attending school in-person.
- Wednesdays: We are excited to be able to offer full-day care for families on Wednesdays and after-school care for our Tier 1 families on Wednesdays.
- If you no longer need care for the first semester and would like to remove your contract, please contact the office at Ecc.email@example.com.
- We will continue to update and assess needs throughout the year and as we approach the second semester of schooling. Please know that just because you are opting out of care right now, that does not mean you can’t register at a later date.
- We are still working on non-school day details. We will get more information out to families regarding these days by September 14.
- Right now we are not offering before school care through KC/WG at any site. The inclusion of an additional grouping of students before school adds another level to the already complicated contact tracing of our elementary students. We will continue to assess this need and make changes based on the ability to do it safely.
- Information regarding Tier 1 Essential Worker Care can be found here.
Please know that as we turn to the new school year, we are committed to serving our community and will continue to look for ways we can support you. Thank you for your support and understanding.
- Financial Aid Form
- Medication Administration form
- Severe Allergy Action Plan
- Social Skills Curriculum
Schedule ChangesNeed to make a schedule change? Email the main Kids Club office firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive an email confirmation once your change has been made.