EDINA YOUTH WRESTLING
Pre-K through 5th Grade
Congratulations to all of our wrestlers at the Edina Youth Open! You were all amazing!! Thank you to all of the families who volunteered! All of the money raised at this event goes directly back to the entire Edina Wrestling program - supporting PreK-12th grades. We couldn't have done it without you!
* Off Season Freestyle/Greco Wrestling has been cancelled
* Edina Summer Wrestling camp (registration through the Edina Community Center: Registration here)
When? Monday, June 1st to Friday, June 5th from 9-11am
Where? EHS Wrestling Room
Who? Grades K-8 kids
Edina Hornet Youth Wrestling Camp is here! This camp will provide an introduction to the wrestling experience for youth in grades K-8 Campers will participate in drills, simulated matches, games and more. This is a great opportunity for beginning to advanced wrestlers to gain skills that will enhance their performance in other sports. Directed by Josh Burhans, Edina High School Wrestling Head Coach.
Please bring athletic shorts and a shirt for practices. Wrestling shoes are recommended but not required; campers who do not have wrestling shoes will practice in socks.
** Show your support for Edina Wrestling by ordering through our RedBubble & TeePublic shops! Proceeds from each sale go directly back into our program. There is no order deadline and products will be delivered directly to you. **
Edina Wrestling RedBubble Shop: There are 4 logos to choose from - you can put any of the logos on over 69 products.
Edina Wrestling TeePublic Shop: There are 2 logos to choose from and more to come. This site is better for youth clothing but like RedBubble, you can put one of these logos on anything. Over 20 options to choose from.
Edina Wrestling featured in the 2018 Winter EHS Sting Locker (pages 20-21)
- Size does not matter because you will compete against others of equal weight and size.
- You will develop strength, power, balance, explosiveness, flexibility, and mental toughness, benefits that will carry over to other sports.
- Wrestling combines the aspects of one on one competition without losing the importance of being a part of a team.
- It’s safe because it is the only sport that takes place on a 1.5 inch thick, foam rubber mat.
- 10 Reasons why kids should wrestle
Bring to every practice:
- Water bottle
- Wrestling Shoes (do not wear them outside)
- Shorts & t-shirt (no pockets or zippers - practice wear should be clean)
- Head & ear protection (can be ordered through Dicks Sporting Goods or Amazon)
- Be early to get your shoes on & water bottle filled. Practice begins on time with warm-up.
- Have FUN - but be focused so that you can learn.
Wrestling Booster Club
Everyone is welcome to join the fun at our monthly Wrestling Booster Club meetings! Parents represent Pre-K through High School and discuss what's happening with the wrestling team at all levels. Do you want to meet other parents who have busy kids registered in busy activities? Do you want to be part of the wrestling community and stay engaged in the sport your student loves?
Our team is still young and growth year over year is very important. We encourage all parents to be involved - there lots of ways to help throughout the season. If volunteering isn't your thing, please consider donating to the Wrestling Booster Club. Annual per family Booster fee is $75 that goes directly to our Wrestling Booster Club and supports all Edina Wrestling Programs from Youth to High School. To pay, visit our Booster page or click here.
Coach Todd Doroff: email@example.com, 612-223-3567
Coach Luis Nebel: Nebel189@gmail.com, 952-212-6320
Website/admin support Juli Seeger