EDINA YOUTH WRESTLING (K-5)
EDINA WRESTLING CLUB (K-8)
Edina Summer Wrestling campRegistration through the Edina Community Center:
Camp is currently FULL
When? Monday, June 14 to Friday, June 18, 2021 from 9-11am
Where? EHS Wrestling Room
Who? Grades K-8 kids
Edina Hornet Youth Wrestling Camp is here! All students grades K-8 and all experience levels are welcome! Get a group of friends together to build on the skills learned this season or, for some kids, give wrestling a try for the first time. This camp is being run by Edina Varsity Head Coach Josh Burhans.
Please bring athletic shorts and a shirt for practices. Wrestling shoes are recommended but not required; campers who do not have wrestling shoes will practice in socks.
Edina Wrestling will be having partner practices at the Edina High School, 6754 Valley View Rd., Edina, MN. We are following specific rules to try to keep everybody as safe as possible.
Rules for wrestlers who want to participate
· No signs or symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days
· No close sustained contact (within 6 ft for 10 minutes) with anyone with confirmed or probable COVID-19 patient in the past 14 days
· No travel to “hot spots” in the last 14 days
· All participants must self-monitor for symptoms of COVID-19 twice daily. Symptoms now include nausea, fever, diarrhea, cough, sore throat, loss of taste, and shortness of breath
· Waiver must be signed by parent/guardian online on Sport Engine account.
· If your temperature is above 100.4, you will not be able to participate in practice
· If you test positive, you must wait 10 days after symptoms are gone before participating · You must contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you test positive for COVID, or believe you may have COVID.
· As mandated by State of MN, masks must be worn inside Edina High School facility waiting areas outside room.
· Parents must maintain 6 ft. apart, not inside wrestling room, find open area inside building. No more then 6 people per practice waiting outside room area.
· Parents may not come into the facility until the wrestlers have started the practice time they are assigned to.
· Bring water bottle to your space
· Must bring your own hand sanitizer, water (drinking fountains will be off), hand towel(optional)
· Equipment and mats will be sanitized in between each use, and each practice
Edina Wrestling featured in the 2018 Winter EHS Sting Locker (pages 20-21)
- Size does not matter because you will compete against others of equal weight and size.
- You will develop strength, power, balance, explosiveness, flexibility, and mental toughness, benefits that will carry over to other sports.
- Wrestling combines the aspects of one on one competition without losing the importance of being a part of a team.
- It’s safe because it is the only sport that takes place on a 1.5 inch thick, foam rubber mat.
- 10 Reasons why kids should wrestle
Bring to every practice:
- Water bottle
- Wrestling Shoes (do not wear them outside)
- Shorts & t-shirt (no pockets or zippers - practice wear should be clean)
- Head & ear protection (can be ordered through Dicks Sporting Goods or Amazon)
- Hand Sanitizer/ Sanitizer Wipes
- Face Mask
- Be early to get your shoes on & water bottle filled. Practice begins on time with warm-up.
- Have FUN - but be focused so that you can learn.
Wrestling Booster Club
Everyone is welcome to join the fun at our monthly Wrestling Booster Club meetings! Parents represent Pre-K through High School and discuss what's happening with the wrestling team at all levels. Do you want to meet other parents who have busy kids registered in busy activities? Do you want to be part of the wrestling community and stay engaged in the sport your student loves?
Our team is still young and growth year over year is very important. We encourage all parents to be involved - there lots of ways to help throughout the season. If volunteering isn't your thing, please consider donating to the Wrestling Booster Club. Annual per family Booster fee is $75 that goes directly to our Wrestling Booster Club and supports all Edina Wrestling Programs from Youth to High School. To pay, visit our Booster page or click here.