EDINA YOUTH WRESTLING
Pre-K through 5th Grade
WELCOME TO THE 2019-20 WINTER WRESTLING SEASON!!
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN THROUGH EDINA WRESTLING ASSOCIATION!
Season dates: Monday, December 2nd - Tuesday, February 25th, 2020
Practices held Monday and Tuesday evenings in the wrestling room at Edina High School
PreK-2nd 6:00PM-7:00PM 3rd-8th 7:00PM-8:00PM
This registration session will allow you to complete contact information, sign up for participation, and submit payment. Price breakdown: $200 for registration, $45 for MNUSA card.
Please read through each page carefully to ensure that all information is provided accurately.
To complete registration through our secure site, please have your Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or ACH Bank Account information available.
If your child is currently registered with USA Wrestling, you will need to renew their membership at USAWrestling.com. New memberships can be purchased through the Edina Wrestling registration link above. Benefits for USA Wrestling Membership listed below.
SAVE THE DATES!
Thursday, January 23 - Youth Night with the High School team, we will bring in another youth team and get all kids a match (EHS Activity Center, 5:30pm)
Sunday, February 2 - Orono Duals, this will be for our K-6 team (we will share more details as we get closer)
Saturday, February 15 - Edina Youth Tournament, we want all of our wrestlers competing and all families helping run this tournament.
GroupMe - We highly recommend downloading the GroupMe app on your phone. If you are only receiving the text messages it can quickly get overwhelming as others are added/removed and messages are sent.
Once the Middle School Season ends, the (6-8th graders) wrestlers may join the Youth team at practices on Mondays and Wednesdays (7pm) Additional registration is required.
Water Softener Salt Drive: Currently underway! Salt Drive Fundraiser Information
Ways to be involved:
Volunteer at the Edina Youth Tournament: Sat. February 15th
Join the Wrestling Boosters! Booster Page
Edina Wrestling featured in the 2018 Winter EHS Sting Locker (pages 20-21)
- Size does not matter because you will compete against others of equal weight and size.
- You will develop strength, power, balance, explosiveness, flexibility, and mental toughness, benefits that will carry over to other sports.
- Wrestling combines the aspects of one on one competition without losing the importance of being a part of a team.
- It’s safe because it is the only sport that takes place on a 1.5 inch thick, foam rubber mat.
- 10 Reasons why kids should wrestle
Bring to every practice:
- Water bottle
- Wrestling Shoes (do not wear them outside)
- Shorts & t-shirt (no pockets or zippers - practice wear should be clean)
- Head & ear protection (can be ordered through Dicks Sporting Goods or Amazon)
- Be early to get your shoes on & water bottle filled. Practice begins on time with warm-up.
- Have FUN - but be focused so that you can learn.
Wrestling Booster Club
Everyone is welcome to join the fun at our monthly Wrestling Booster Club meetings! Parents represent Pre-K through High School and discuss what's happening with the wrestling team at all levels. Do you want to meet other parents who have busy kids registered in busy activities? Do you want to be part of the wrestling community and stay engaged in the sport your student loves?
Our team is still young and growth year over year is very important. We encourage all parents to be involved - there lots of ways to help throughout the season. If volunteering isn't your thing, please consider donating to the Wrestling Booster Club. Annual per family Booster fee is $75 that goes directly to our Wrestling Booster Club and supports all Edina Wrestling Programs from Youth to High School. To pay, visit our Booster page or click here.
Coach Todd Doroff: email@example.com, 612-223-3567
Coach Luis Nebel: Nebel189@gmail.com, 952-212-6320
Website/admin support Juli Seeger