Game day communication is a wonderful opportunity to provide those who choose to attend an EHS athletic contest all of the information that’s needed to enhance the action on the playing field. The Edina Athletic Booster Club (EABC) will work with each team’s coach and captains’ parents to create and produce a full-color game day program which can be distributed throughout the team’s season. Your team’s coach can assist you in contacting the appropriate EABC Board member to ensure that this program is completed in a timely manner.
Below is a letter that captain’s parents will receive a few weeks prior to the start of their season from the EABC:
As parents of an Edina High School team captain, you will work with the Athletic Booster board to produce your team’s Sports Program. The Edina Athletic Booster Board is proud to support your teams and pays for the cost of the programs. In an effort to control expenses, design time for these programs is two hours of team related design services. Please note that posters are not included in this cost, but could be produced by the printer on your own terms. Some sports provide the programs at the actual athletic event, and others provide them for the team banquet.
- For ease of communication, please email me at email@example.com with your email address and the best phone number to reach you at. Please let me know who will be the main contact for your sport – the person who will be scheduling the photo shoot with Linhoff and working with Bryant Graphics to get your programs printed.
The coaches do the scheduling of the team pictures.. Our athletic photographer is Linhoff Photography . The contact information is Billie Jo at 952-927-7333 ext. 114 and email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Billie Jo’s hours are 7-3pm Mon – Fri.
- Many teams include the following pictures: entire team, seniors, captains, coaches, JV team, as well as casual shots. Err on the side of getting too many pictures, versus not enough. If you need a copy of a previous season’s program for reference, please contact Angie at Bryant Graphics and she can email you a pdf. Angie’s email is email@example.com.
- As a captains’ parent, you are responsible for getting a detailed shot list to Billie Jo of pictures you want taken in advance to your photo shoot date. This is necessary to ensure the photos you need for your program are taken. Linhoff needs a minimum of 72 hours from the original shoot date to process and upload images to Bryant Graphics. Linhoff will send the files to Bryant Graphics directly. A word document will be included with team identification of names for each group photo and names accordingly.
- If you choose to do a program, decide the date you will need the programs ready and contact Angie at Bryant Graphics a couple weeks in advance by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 952-836-1401. She will ask you to gather and send her other content such as team rosters, season schedules, candid photos, etc. and will plan the timeframe with you for the layout, proofing and production.
- If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at 612-269-4758 or at email@example.com
In addition to the full-color program, the EHS Activities Office will produce a game-day program for each home contest, which will be made available at no cost to all who attend. This one-page (typically front and back) program will provide information for both teams, such as:
- Team Rosters and Coaches
- Team Schedule and Game Results
- EHS Administration Information
- Lake Conference Sportsmanship Code
- Minnesota State High School League Behavior Expectations
- Other Information, as appropriate