Financial AssistanceEdina Community Education Services is dedicated to offering learning opportunities for all ages in the community. In order to receive scholarship funds, you must demonstrate financial need, be an Edina School District resident or your child must be enrolled in Edina Public Schools to qualify.
Edina Family Center
Classes with a significant Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) component are priced on a sliding fee scale based on total family annual income. Various prices appear upon registration.
For preschool classes with a limited ECFE component or no ECFE component, financial assistance is available based on total family annual income and household size.
School Age Care (KIDS Club and WISE Guys)Edina KIDS Club and WISE Guys offer a temporary financial aid program for qualifying families in need of assistance to pay for child care fees (up to a child's 13th birthday). To qualify, you must be working (minimum of 20 hours/week) or going to school (10 hours/week or more). If you are unemployed, financial aid may be available during times needed for job search activities (i.e. interviewing). Our financial aid program follows the guidelines required to qualify for Hennepin County childcare assistance.
Middle School MorningsEdina Community Education offers financial aid for qualifying families in need of assistance to pay for participation in the Middle School Morning Program. The amount of aid available is limited.
Youth and Adult Classes
- Youth financial assistance from Edina Community Education is $150 per season per student - Fall, Winter/Spring. See below for summer information.
- Adult financial assistance from Edina Community Education is $150 per season per student - Fall, Winter, and Spring/Summer
- Need is determined by the household size and income criteria used by the Minnesota Child Care Assistance Program
- Financial assistance cannot be granted to recipients registering for the same class twice
- Private lessons & tutoring are not covered while Driver’s Ed only qualifies for a partial scholarship
- Assistance cannot be granted retroactively, funds must be requested before a class has started
- Not all classes are eligible for financial assistance
- Please allow 7 business days to process your application
2020 Summer Camps/Classes Financial Assistance
Edina Community Education and Edina Give and Go are providing an opportunity for eligible students to participate in youth enrichment camps for little to no fee this summer. Space is limited and registrations will be taken on a first-come, first-serve basis. Eligible participants must be currently enrolled in Edina Public Schools and entering grades K-12. Financial assistance is up to $650 per child for the summer. Registration deadline: March 20, 2020.
If you have not completed the Financial Assistance Form for 2019-20 school year, please complete this form beforehand or with your summer registration.For more information on financial assistance and resources available to Edina Residents, contact the Edina Resource Center. Call 952-848-3936 or visit www.edinaresourcecenter.com.