Edina Public Schools Volunteer Program
Become a Volunteer
All prospective volunteers must be entering 9th grade or older and complete the application/orientation process.
High School Students
- Application and orientation are required. Contact Carynn Roehrick to apply. Carynn.Roehrick@edinaschools.org or 952-848-4923.
- Application, orientation and a background check are required. The background check fee is $15 and the form will be sent to you prior to orientation. Contact Carynn Roehrick to apply. Carynn.Roehrick@edinaschools.org or 952-848-4923.
EPS Parent Volunteer Process
- Watch the Volunteer Handbook Screencast.
- Sign the Volunteer Pledge and return to Carynn.Roehrick@edinaschools.org
- Please note: The content of this screencast is intended for parents of Edina Public Schools students to complete their onboarding and provide consistent information to all volunteers. Your school Principal may also require you to complete a background check depending on your volunteer role. Please check in your site's main office for more information.
- If you are going to volunteer for a school other than where your child(ren) attend, you must follow the same steps listed above for the Community Members. (Example: your child attends Highlands Elementary, but you plan to volunteer at Edina High School).
After completion of your volunteer application an orientation is conducted by our Program Staff. We strive to make the best match possible between volunteer opportunities and your interests and talents. Volunteers are placed in classrooms or programs only where the teachers or school site have specifically requested assistance. If you need to make a change in your assignment, please let us know as soon as possible.
Orientation and Training
Prior to the start of your volunteering experience, an orientation and appropriate training (as needed) will be provided for your assignment. We will answer any questions you have about volunteering as well as what is expected of you, the student, and the staff. Your comfort level with the material and expectations is important to us. Preview the volunteer handbook.