Edina Public Schools Volunteer Program
Become a Volunteer
All prospective volunteers must be entering 9th grade or older and complete the application/orientation process.
High School Students
- Click here for the High School Volunteer Application
- Click here for the Community Member Volunteer Application
- Please Note: Community members are required to complete a background check. The background check form will be sent to you after you have submitted your application.
Parent Volunteer Process
- Watch the Volunteer Handbook Screencast.
- Sign the Volunteer Pledge and return to Carynn.Roehrick@edinaschools.org
- Please note: The content of this screencast is intended for parents of Edina Public Schools students to complete their onboarding and provide consistent information to all volunteers.
After completion of your volunteer application an orientation is conducted by our Program Staff. We strive to make the best match possible between volunteer opportunities and your interests and talents. Volunteers are placed in classrooms or programs only where the teachers or school site have specifically requested assistance. If you need to make a change in your assignment, please let us know as soon as possible.
Orientation and Training
Prior to the start of your volunteering experience, an orientation and appropriate training (as needed) will be provided for your assignment. We will answer any questions you have about volunteering as well as what is expected of you, the student, and the staff. Your comfort level with the material and expectations is important to us. Preview the volunteer handbook.