Fall Fortis Training*All incoming players for the 2020-2021 season are invited to participate in Fall Fortis Training. While optional, it is strongly encouraged by Coach Lee.Dates: Training will run for a 7 week period - October 5 - November 19.Weekly Training Schedule:Monday:5:00 - 6:00 pm (All Grades) *NOTE TIME CHANGE.Wednesday:3:00 - 4:00 pm (field day on their big turf)(We thought we would take advantage of an early session on Wednesdays since it's a distance learning day for all students in the hybrid model.)Thursday:5:00 - 6:00 pm (All Grades) *NOTE TIME CHANGE.If there are multiple players in a family in different training groups, we can put them together if desired. Additional questions about the program, please let us know.Location: Fortis Academy, located inside Champions Hall at 7000 Washington Ave South Eden Prairie, MN 55347Cost: $225 per playerTO REGISTER:1) Please complete your registration by EOD Thursday, 9/17.
Registration Link: https://checkout.square.site/
buy/QLV44HYJOLCD7OPHXP64CXPE** To best manage our registration list, please make sure the player name is entered (vs. parent).2) All athletes will need to complete an online waiver ahead of the first session: https://www. thefortisacademy.com/covid-19- screening-assumption-of-risk- and-liability-waiver/
Fall Team Training Session*
Training will consist of 8-10 practices (a combination of on-field and virtual whiteboard instruction).
September- October 4th:
Combination of captain-led practices and scrimmages.
-Friday, September 18th, 6:30 - 8:00 p.m. -Kuhlman
-Friday, September 25th, 3:30 - 5:00 p.m. -Kuhlman
-Sunday, September 27th, 1:30-3:30 - HS Lower Field, 2 hours of 4x4
-Wednesday, September 30th, 3:30 - 5:00- Captain lead practice on the turf at Champions Hall (7000 Washington Ave South Eden Prairie, MN 55347).
-Friday, October 2nd, 5:00 - 6:30 - Champions Hall turf.
Starting the week of October 4th: *UPDATED SCHEDULE!
Varsity coaches will lead the practices. Format will be a combination of field and virtual whiteboard sessions (to be mindful of COVID, gatherings etc.)
-Wednesday 10/7: 4:00 - 5:00 pm -Champions Hall turf
-Saturday 10/10: 1:30 - 3:30 pm- ECC upper turf
-Wednesday 10/14: 4:00 - 5:00 pm- Champions Hall turf
-Saturday 10/17: 1:30 - 3:30 pm- ECC upper turf ** Tentative due to MEA**
-Wednesday 10/21: 4:00 - 5:00 pm- Champions Hall turf
-Thursday 10/22: 6:00 - 7:00 pm- Kuhlman
-Saturday 10/24: 1:30 - 3:30 pm- ECC upper turf
Cost/Fee: $175.00TO REGISTER:
1) Please complete your registration by EOD Thursday, 9/17.
Registration Link: https://checkout.square.site/buy/LJRBEDXXILONZIQTIFOMGTXX
2) Players must also complete the attached waiver and BRING TO THE FIRST PRACTICE. The Captain's parents will be there to collect the completed forms.
Waiver Form Download >>>
*Indicates separate registration requirement
Updates can be found:
Team Website: https://www.edinaschools.org/-> Student Activities-> Spring Sports-> Boys Lacrosse
Team Email: Edinavarsitylacrosse@gmail.com
Team Twitter: @EdinaLacrosse
Team Instagram: edinahslacrosse
Best Ways to Prepare for the Season
Multi-Sport Athlete"Kids who play multiple 'attacking' sports, like basketball or field hockey, transfer learned motor and anticipatory skills --- the unconscious ability to read bodies and game situations ---- to other sports," David Epstein, author of "The Sports Gene" wrote in a New York Times opinion. "They take less time to master the sport they ultimately choose."Article: “The Sports Gene”Wall BallPlaying varsity lacrosse requires outstanding stick skills. It does not matter how big, strong, fast you are -- if you can't catch/throw at an elite level we will have a hard time finding a place for you on the field. Wall Ball is the single most efficient way to develop your stick skills. It takes 10 minutes to get 200 reps in on the wall -- do that every day in the off-season and you get 50,000+ reps in before the next season.Try THIS routine.Strength & ConditioningAll Boys Lacrosse players are expected to be strength & conditioning year round, starting in 9th grade and continuing through your Senior Season. There are many options, some cost money and some are free.Weight Lifting Basics
- Play Multiple Sports
- Wall Ball
- Strength Training
- Playing Lacrosse
- You need a plan! Showing up in a weight room and just picking up some weights will not get it done. You need a plan that pushes you to develop strength over time. Get a coach or join a group that will help you do this!
- Be Committed! Progress will not happen over night. You should be consistently working out year round. At minimum, a Varsity level player is spending 4x per week developing his strength and conditioning. An All-American level player pushing 6x per week.
EDINA HIGH SCHOOL BOYS LACROSSE partners with FORTIS ACADEMY (see above and Home Page) for effective, results oriented, exciting lacrosse specific training opportunities for the 2020 season. Please email email@example.com if interested.Off-Season Lacrosse
- EHS Wellness Center - FREE. For best results, get a partner or group that will push you in the weight room.
- Group Training - $$. Join a group training program that will get you lifting 3-4x per week. Think about the goals you are trying to achieve (get faster, get stronger, get quicker, etc) and find a program that will help you achieve that goal. We will frequently email out opportunities we come across.
- Personal Trainer - $$$$ - Similar to group training, but more specialized on your individual needs.
There are opportunities to play lacrosse throughout the entire year. This is not mandatory, but often a good way to maintain your lacrosse skills and typically can be balanced with other sports.SUMMER LEAGUE
SUMMER CAMPS/CLUB TEAMS
- Edina typically organizes a summer team.
- Information released towards the end of the Spring Season
FALL LEAGUE - see above and Home Page
- Highly recommend traveling out east to attend camp. This is often a great experience with teammates.
- Highly recommend joining club programs around the Twin Cities. There are many options and all provide similar benefits: Consistent coaching, diverse team with players from around the state, high level of competition.
WINTER LEAGUE - see above information and also on Home Page
- Edina typically organizes a fall team. Team is filled on a first come/first serve basis
- Information will be released towards the end of Summer
- Edina typically organizes a winter team. Team selections are based on your Spring Level team and Grade.
- Information will be released during the Fall