About the Edina High School PTO
The mission of Edina High School Parent Teacher Organization is to support and enhance the educational programs at Edina High School (EHS) and to strengthen the relationship between home and school.
WHO WE ARE
The EHS PTO is a group of parent volunteers interested in supporting the high school. We meet monthly throughout the school year to collaborate on improving our programs, supporting our teachers, and helping parents navigate their student's high school years. Your dues fund ongoing communication between school and parents, volunteer opportunities, hospitality for EHS staff, and fund Mini Grants to enhance the classroom experience.
- The PTO supports communication between the school and families. We create and manage the new online EHS Directory, the Parent Survival Book, and the Newsletters. The PTO is going paperless. The most exciting initiative is transitioning from a paper directory to an online directory. It will be easier for all members to access. This year’s is to put everything online so check the EHS PTO page on the EHS website for updates. The PTO continues to sponsor forums such as transitioning from middle school to high school and transitioning from high school to college.
- The PTO offers many opportunities for parents to volunteer. Be sure to indicate your interest on the PTO Membership form and/or reach out and let us know of your interest. Everyone is welcome to get involved whether it is volunteering at school events or attend PTO board meetings.
- The PTO provides hospitality for teachers and staff during conferences as well as hosts student functions each year.
- Finally, PTO dues fund Mini Grants. Staff and teachers request funds to enhance the students EHS experience.
WHAT WE DO
EHS PTO provides the following services and programs for our high school students and staff:
- Fund Student Planners
- Sponsor Get Connected Day (GCD)
- Compile the Parent Survival Handbook
- Fund EHS teacher/staff/club through mini-grants
- Manage the online Student Directory
- Provide refreshments for Academic Awards
- Sponsor the Scholarship Breakfast
- Provide hospitality to staff during teacher conferences
- Subsidize Parent Communications Network (PCN) forums
- Sponsor EHS Parent Forums
- Coordinate parent volunteers for EHS activities
- Contribute financially to Graduation Ceremony
Your generous past contributions have provided for:
- New portable ventilation system for the laser cutter used in PLTW. This allows increased student exposure and excitement in the area of engineering.
- Bluetooth speakers for the Spanish classrooms
- Public speakers to cover important topics during Collaborative Time
- $5,000 contribution to the new Language Lab
- New music acoustic shells for the band, orchestra, choir and theater groups
- New Fit bit fitness trackers for PE and wellness education
- Annual guest speakers for the 10thgrade Pre-AP English students
- Informational Parent forums
- Staff appreciation luncheons