Early Learning Center Registration Information
Registration for 2020-21 Preschool and PreK classes and Summer 2020 Book Buddies and Kindergarten Camp now open!
Prepare for Registration
Create an Account
For new families, you must have an Eleyo account for yourself, and a profile for your child/children you wish to register, before you can enroll in any of the Edina Early Learning Center programs. Click here to create your account and click on the blue "sign in" button in the top right-hand corner of the page to create your account.
For returning families, log into your Eleyo account and confirm all information is current and that all family members have a profile created.
Check Birthdate Guidelines
Select your classes based on your child’s age as of September 1, 2020. It is the Edina Public Schools policy to use September 1 to determine age eligibility.
Learn About Classes & Programs Available
Review the classes and programs offered to find the right classes for your family.
Click here for summer 2020 Book Buddies/Kindergarten Camp information. Look on page 4 for ELC offerings.
For the 2020-21 school year, ELC classes begin on September 8, 2020. For the rest of the 2020-21 school year, the Early Learning Center follows the Edina Public Schools calendar including early release dates.
How Billing Works
- The Edina Family Center accepts payments by American Express, Visa, Master Card or Discover credit/debit cards.
- Upon acceptance of your Early Childhood Family Education, Preschool, All Day Pre-Kindergarten, Extended Learning or weekly parenting class registration, your credit card on file will be charged one month’s fee. This will be applied towards your first month’s tuition. All other parenting classes (book studies, single-topic discussions and those that meet monthly) will be charged the full amount.
- Once classes begin, your card on file will be charged on the first day of each month for the next month’s tuition. For example, on Sept. 1, 2020, you will be charged for October tuition.
- Sibling Care fees (if requested) will be added to your monthly Early Childhood Family Education, (ECFE), year-long weekly parenting and/or preschool class payment.
- All non-ECFE classes will receive monthly invoices approximately 3 business days prior to credit cards being charged.
- A late payment fee of $20 per month will be assessed on all declined credit/debit card and bank account transactions.
- Late pick-up fee is $1.00 per minute after class has ended.
- In order to ensure an equitable process, a lottery will be used for classes without a parenting component (classes beginning in 0003, 0045, All Day PreK and Extended Learning). Priority is given to Edina Public School residents.
Class Cancellations, Change Requests and Refunds
- All requests for changes or cancellations must be made in writing. Send your requests via email to Early.Learning@Edinaschools.org
- Cancellations must be received via email by May 1, 2020, in order to receive a refund for September 2020 tuition. ELC charges a $20 cancellation fee.
- September 2020 tuition is non-refundable beginning May 2, 2020.
- If you cancel your class after the school year has begun, a 30-day notice before departure is required. Otherwise, you will be charged in full for the next month's tuition.
- Cancellation policies for ELC classes do not apply to Beyond ECFE and Book Studies. However, cancellations must be received in writing to Early.Learning@edinaschools.org. A $20 cancellation fee will apply.
- Change requests must be received at least five business days prior to the effective date of the requested change.
- If you must make a class change, a $20 change fee after registration will apply.
- No refunds are given for monthly class fees that have already been processed.
- There are no refunds for emergency or weather closings or for days missed due to illness or vacation.
Tuition for Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE/with a parenting component) classes is charged on a sliding fee scale based on family household income. Various prices appear at registration. For classes without a parenting component, financial aid is available for qualifying families. Please contact our Outreach Manager at (952) 848-3985 for more information.
Financial assistance for preschool classes with limited or no ECFE component is available for qualifying families. For more information, call the Edina Early Learning Center office at 952-848-3908. Download the form to begin the financial aid process here.