• Payroll

Main Content





    Social Security/Medicare Wage Base Rates

    The Social Security taxable wage base will increase to $132,900 in 2019, from $128,400 in 2018.  The Social Security tax rate is 6.20%.  The Medicare tax rate of 1.45% applies to all wages.


    Check Your Retirement Accounts

    The Social Security Administration (SSA) is no longer mailing an annual Social Security Statement to earners.  You can create a personal login for ‘mySocialSecurity’ at https://www.socialsecurity.gov/onlineservices/  or https://secure.ssa.gov/RIL/SiView.do  Any questions need to be referred to SSA @ 1-800-772-1213. 

    The Teachers Retirement Association (TRA) mails an annual Statement of Account.  Review your personal data and earnings record.  Their web site is http://www.minnesotatra.org/ . Create your personal login called ‘myTRA’.

    Report differences to TRA @ 651-296-2409. 

    The Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) mails an annual Personal Benefit Statement.  Review your personal data and earnings record.  Their web site is http://www.mnpera.org. Create your personal login called ‘myPERA’.

    Report differences to PERA @ 651-296-7460. 


    Internal Revenue Service Tax Forms and Help

    To order forms or publications, access their web site at http://www.irs.gov. to download the document, or call the IRS at 1-800-829-3676. Help information is also available on their web site. Individuals may also check the status of their current year tax refund online or at 1-800-829-1954.


    Is Your Income Tax Withholding Correct?

    If your filing status, exemption allowances or exempt status has changed, a new W-4 should be filed. For questions about federal income taxes or withholding, or social security tax, call the IRS help-line at 1-800-829-1040.  If you have questions about Minnesota income taxes or withholding, call MN taxpayer assistance at 651-296-3781.  The Minnesota Department of Revenue web site is http://www.taxes.state.mn.us.  For changes, download Form W-4 or Form W-4MN from Staff Handbook at https://www.edinaschools.org/Page/544


    Tax Assistance

    Free tax preparation is available for lower income households.  Call the Edina Resource Center at 952-848-3936 for information.


    Flexible Spending Accounts - Health Care Expense/Dependent Care

    Submit claim on Flexible Spending Accounts reimbursement form.  Download from http://www.corphealthsys.com or from *Employee Forms.  Claims for expenses in 2018 must be submitted by March 31st, 2019. Expenses from January or February 2019 may be applied to remaining 2018 monies.


    Mileage Allowance/Expenses

    The IRS has increased the mileage allowance to 58 cents per mile effective 01-01-19.  It was 54.5 cents per mile for 2018.  Submit the Employee Expense Report, available from Staff Handbook, to claim reimbursement for mileage and/or expenses you have paid on behalf of the district.  See District Policy 3330 for details.


    403(b) Universal Availability Notice:

    All employees are eligible to participate in the 403(b) plan. For additional information please review your contract language. A link to all employee contracts is below:



     Employee Forms

    Business Service, Human Resource, and Payroll forms may be accessed at





    Certified Payroll (TRA):  Nicole Stegner, x4929            Employee Expenses:  Adam Lloyd, x4937

    Classified Payroll (PERA):  Carla McNevin, x4918         Flexible Benefits:  Cara Hendrickson, x4912

                                                                                                    Employee Insurance:  Corporate Health Systems, 952-939-0911, opt.3

                                                                                                                                            or:  mn-eligibility@onedigital.com


    Employee Forms
    Business Service, Human Resource, and Payroll forms may be accessed at