Use this form to request that Whigrean cover your club or event!
We are also happy to consider including candid action photos taken by parents, advisors, or team/club members. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (the Whigrean advisor) - include "Whigrean" in the subject line - with information about the photo (photographer's full name, full names and grade levels of all students or faculty in the photo, what was happening in the photo, and any relevant background or context that will help our staff write the caption. We will also need a contact email of someone in the photo or who was at the event so that we can interview them about the photo.
email: Daniel Amborn
phone: 952-848-3800 (Do not leave messages over the summer! If necessary, communicate via the above email address; remember, it IS summertime and I will not be checking email as frequently as during the school year.)
mailing address:Edina High School
6754 Valley View RoadEdina, Minnesota 55439
Yearbook Orders - Last year we sold out, so don't delay.
You have two options for ordering:
- At Get Connected Day in August, fill out the order form that will later be uploaded to this website, and submit it with your check for TBA (X plus tax) made out to EHS Whigrean, by mail or in person to Daniel Amborn, Whigrean Adviser, c/o the EHS Office, 6754 Valley View Road, Edina 55439. Your cancelled check will serve as proof of purchase, so please print or have access to a copy.
- Order online at Jostens Online.
Please keep a record of your order date to avoid duplicate orders. and make sure that you pay in full for your yearbook as soon as possible in order to avoid price increases. Last year some families forgot to pay the balance due before yearbooks were distributed. Students are not able to pick up yearbooks unless the balance is paid, which can result in some sad student faces on yearbook distribution day.
Submission Deadlines for 2021 yearbook
Senior portraits must be submitted to https://images.jostens.com/413373675
That page also has a link to the yearbook purchase and Senior Baby Ad webpages.
Due ASAP and definitely BY Fri., November __, 2020.
If we do not receive a Senior Portrait from a student, we will include their Get Connected Day school photo (even if they did not order photos). Please make sure that your senior has a school photo taken at Get Connected Day as a backup.
Yearbook Recognition Ads -
There are two ad categories: in the yearbook, the ads are grouped by type. IF YOU WANT TO SUBMIT A BABY PHOTO AD, THE DEADLINE IS Dec. __, four weeks after senior portraits are due. If you miss that deadline, consider a Buddy Ad instead.
All ads should be submitted to www.jostens.com/yearbookads
Baby Photo Ads -
Parents or guardians normally submit these ads, which include a heading, a baby or toddler photo, and a message for the graduate.
Deadline: December __, 2020
Buddy Ads -
These ads are different from Baby Photo Ads. They celebrate relationships that students have formed during their school years, such as friend groups, extended family, or other outside-of-school group activities. These ads should include a heading, group photos, and a message that includes names of those pictured. These ads do NOT normally include solo baby photos.
Submission window is between Jan. _, 2021 and February _, 2021
Last Day to Order a 2021 Yearbook online via Jostens
mid-February 2021 - but don't wait! Order Now!
The Whigrean (formerly Windigo) yearbook is published every year by students in the Whigrean yearbook class. Whigrean attempts to conscientiously cover all aspects of the high school community. The yearbook is delivered and distributed in late May. A spring supplement is prepared in the latter part of the school year to cover major spring activities and events including spring sports.
- National Scholastic Press Association - (2001-First Class, 2002-First Class with Two Medals of Distinction, 2003-Second Class, 2004-First Class, 2005-First Class with Two Marks of Distinction, 2015 Second Class, 2016 First Class, 2017 First Class with One Mark of Distinction, 2018 First Class with One Mark of Distinction in Writing, 2019 First Class with Two Marks of Distinction in Writing and Visual)
- Journalism Education of Minnesota All-State Awards - (2002, 2005 -Silver, 2001,2003, 2004-Gold)
- Columbia Scholastic Press Association Award (2001, 2002-First Class, 2005-Bronze, 2015- Bronze, 2016 - Silver, 2017 - Gold, 2018 - Silver, 2019 Gold with one All-Columbian Honor for Photography)
- Minnesota All-State Award - (2001, 2005-Silver, 2002-Gold, 2019 - Gold)
- Minnesota High School Press Association Gold Medallions - (2002-Sweepstakes Award)
- Jostens National Award of Excellence - 2015, 2016, 2017