FAQs - Dental Insurance
- I still haven’t gotten a new Delta Dental card? Did I lose my coverage?
- My spouse went to the dentist’s office and they said that Delta said they aren’t covered. I thought I had family coverage?
- I decided I don't need dental coverage. Can I drop it?
- There aren't as many dental FAQs as medical. How can I find my answer?
- My baby just got his first tooth! Should I call CHS to add him to my dental insurance?
- Does Delta Dental provide any other benefits?
Delta does not send new cards every year. If you did not change or add coverage, then you will not receive a new card and you can continue using last year’s card.
My spouse went to the dentist’s office and they said that Delta said they aren’t covered. I thought I had family coverage?
Make sure that everyone in the family is providing the dentist with YOUR subscriber number. Everyone must use the subscriber ID, not their own social security numbers.
Your health and dental premiums are deducted on a pre-tax basis and are therefore subject to the rules and regulations of IRS Code Section 125. You cannot make changes to your elections during the plan year without having a family status change as defined by IRS Code Section 125.
Developing teeth or cavities is not a qualifying status change for the IRS, so you would not be able to make an immediate change. It is something to consider at Open Enrollment time, however. Some people do choose to pay for Single+1 or Family coverage in order to add their 1- and 2-year-old children to their dental coverage, but most do not add children until they are 3- or 4-years-old and will be having regular cleanings. You may want to consult with your dentist.
Delta Dental members are eligible for a hearing discount program called HearPO. This discount program is not associated with your medical insurance.
Payroll Deductions, District
Insurance WebsiteSara RiegelCompensation & Benefits SpecialistDistrict Office952-848-4905
Enrollment/Status Changes/EligibilityJanet Bear-RivardPlanSourceDirect: (612) 256-0842Fax: 1-616-243-5606ORTammy KnappPlanSourceDirect: (612) 256-0843Fax: (407) 386-8142
ReimbursementPlanSourceDirect: (612)256-0852Toll Free: (866)546-9134Fax: (407)386-8937
COBRA/RetireeJoAnne LynchPlanSourceDirect: (612) 256-0844Fax: (952) 939-0990