If you have additional scholarship needs, reach out to Edina Give and Go. Edina Give and Go is a school district non-profit partner focused on providing financial support to ensure that all students can participate in activities. Learn more at edinagiveandgo.org
or email email@example.com.
Managers must be registered and have a current physical on file in order to manage any team. They do not have to pay to participate but they must come in to the Activities Office and register in person.
Coaches are able to access registration lists through our registration website.
After tryouts and teams are made, coaches are responsible for sending Samantha
all final team roster breakdowns and cuts. As soon as rosters are sent, Joe will send a final roster to confirm one final time with coaches.
Middle School Exceptional Athletes
Any middle school athletes wishing to try out for high school sports, must work with the coach and the Activities Director prior to tryouts. More information can be found on the Exceptional Athlete section of the website.
Fourth Monday Rule
In accordance with MSHSL Policy 513, the last day students can join a team are as follows:
A. To be eligible for section and state competition, a student must be a member of that school’s team no later than the fourth Monday (the 22nd calendar day) from the official start of that sport season.
B. Membership Defined: A student must:
- 1) be practicing with the high school team;
- 2) be on the school’s master eligibility list; and
- 3) be under the bylaws of the League.
C. Exceptions: At the member school’s discretion, students may be allowed to join a team after the fourth Monday (the 22nd calendar day) from the official start of that sport season and be fully eligible for regular season and post-season competition if they meet any of the four conditions below:
1) transfer students who become eligible in their new school; or
2) students who are participating in another sport and wish to drop that sport or participate in a second sport during that
same sport season, provided they have not delayed their membership in order to gain a competitive advantage; or
3) students who, were under the care of a physician and were medically unable to join the team by the specified date
(students must have written documentation from the physician); or
4) students who join a team after the fourth Monday (the 22nd calendar day) from the official start of that sport season,
and have not participated in the same sport:
a) on a non-school team or as an individual competitor; or
b) in a camp or clinic; or
c) received private instruction in that sport during the high school season.
D. Students who join a team after the fourth Monday (the 22nd calendar day) from the official start of that sport season are eligible for the regular season only (not post-season) if they have participated in the same sport:
1) on a non-school team or as an individual competitor; or
2) in a camp or clinic; or
3) received private instruction in that sport during the high school season.
End of Season
Please send a list to Samantha
of the athletes who met the lettering criteria. Athletes lettering for the first time, in any sport, will recieve a certificate and E patch. Athletes who letter in subsequent years will recieve a certificate only.