Griswold - Special Education
- Pacer Center - Parent Advocacy Coalition
- Minnesota Department of Education - Special Education
- National Center for Learning Disabilities
- One Minute Reader - build oral reading fluency
- CHADD - Non-profit organization for Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Sonday Reading Program - multi sensory reading approach
- Learning Disabilities Online - Comprehensive web site for parents and teachers
- Autism Society of Minnesota - Official web site of the Autism Society of Minnesota
About the Teacher
My name is Donna Griswold and I am the Normandale Special Education Teacher and Team Leader. I have been at Normandale since 2003. Previously I taught Special Education at Highlands Elementary and Creek Valley Elementary. Before arriving to the Edina Public Schools I taught in Bloomington Minnesota, Texas, and Iowa.
I graduated from the University of Northern Iowa in 1984 with an Elementary Education K-5 degree. I earned licenses in Emotional/Behavioral Disorders, and Mild to Severe Developmental Delays for grades K-12. My Masters Degree was completed in Texas at Texas Weslyn University in the area of Reading and Philosophy for Children.
After arriving in Minnesota in 1991 I received my Special Education license in Learning Disabilities.
I reside in Eden Prairie with my three children, ages 16, 14, and 12. They keep me very busy carpooling them to numerous school functions, sports, and church groups.
In my spare time I love to read, exercise, volunteer at church, and spend time with family and friends.
I am passionate about teaching children, and was one of those people who knew from the time I could talk that I wanted to be a teacher! Feel free to stop by and ask questions if you have a concern about your child.